Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Retirement Visa / Financial Requirements?

Retirement Visa / Financial Requirements?

Old Jan 2nd 2005, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough
Default Retirement Visa / Financial Requirements?

Hey,

Just looking into this for my parents. Got all the basic info but can't seem to find any actual figures for the financial requirements.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 9:02 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retirement Visa / Financial Requirements?

Originally Posted by MarkandJulie
Hey,

Just looking into this for my parents. Got all the basic info but can't seem to find any actual figures for the financial requirements.

Thanks

Take a look at form 1044i:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1044i.pdf

Do they qualify for a Contributory Parent visa - this may be a better option.

Jeremy
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough

Thanks for that Jeremy, its just what I was looking for

Originally Posted by JAJ
Take a look at form 1044i:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1044i.pdf

Do they qualify for a Contributory Parent visa - this may be a better option.

Jeremy
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

gdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MarkandJulie
Hey,

Thanks
Hi Mark and Julie

My wife and I are currently in the process of applying for a 410 temporary visa. We could not go for the sponsered parent option because we did not meet the balance of family criteria.
If you meet that requirement you would be better to go for it as the 410 requires £325,000 in liquid assetts to made available for transfer to australia.

Even this is going to change soon according to a concensus of opinion.

Having travelled a long way down the road we are faced with the ultimatum
that we must sell up everything to be in a position to migrate and join our son and grandchildren.

It's a bit difficult but I do agree with the way that Australia controls immigration and invites only those that it needs or that will not be a burden to the economy. The UK could learn a lesson from that.

It is a challenge, particularly for the older person that is more entrenched in life. I personally relish the opportunity to experience a total change in my later years. I am told that there exists a group of people in Oz called S A D S
standing for 'See Australia and Die' I imagine them being similar to the 'New age travellers of the sixties only they are now 'IN' their sixties.

Well done for encourageing your parents, we are all a long time dead.

Gdad