Retirement Visa

Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

KathDore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Retirement Visa

Just wanted to ask anyone else gone out on 410 retirement visa and my parents are in the process of this at the moment and are concerned that they have to exchange contracts before the visa issued/agreed. this is their main concern can they be refused visa once exchange has been completed as obviously they dont want to sell and then be refused visa. Anyone doing this or done this???Surely DIMIA wouldnt let them sell house then say no to visa (or are they that heartless???)

p.s. our username has been chucked out??so had to come back as this instead on Graham&Kath

p.s. Still all on for saturday afternoon for Kent expats meeting???

Kath
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:50 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retirement Visa

Originally posted by KathDore
Just wanted to ask anyone else gone out on 410 retirement visa and my parents are in the process of this at the moment and are concerned that they have to exchange contracts before the visa issued/agreed. this is their main concern can they be refused visa once exchange has been completed as obviously they dont want to sell and then be refused visa. Anyone doing this or done this???Surely DIMIA wouldnt let them sell house then say no to visa (or are they that heartless???)

p.s. our username has been chucked out??so had to come back as this instead on Graham&Kath

Kath
DIMIA advise people to do nothing until the visa is issued.
Ie sell house,leave work,book flights etc.
They would not be heartless but will not compromise if someone does not meet the criteria.

Good luck

G
Old Feb 26th 2004, 11:04 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retirement Visa

Originally posted by KathDore

Kath

Good idea to keep up with how things are going. You can get a fair idea as to how you are placed: we are not quite there yet but seem OK and have sold the house anyway.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

KathDore is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for those replies - Grayling its a bit different on a retirement visa as you do have to have either the funds readily available, or as my parents have the funds tied up in the house, so therefore DIMIA need to know that the funds are going to be easily available thats why they expect change of contracts before visa is issued

Thanks for that Rog, are you also going out on 410 visa?? My parents were hoping to tie it all up with ours but had to put in in a lot quicker than we anticipated due to requirements changing from 1 Jan 2004 - so you reckon they wouldnt expect the exchange of property and then say sorry no visa (hope not anyway).

cheers Kath:
Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:00 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

[i]
Thanks for that Rog, are you also going out on 410 visa?? My parents were hoping to tie it all up with ours but had to put in in a lot quicker than we anticipated due to requirements changing from 1 Jan 2004 - so you reckon they wouldnt expect the exchange of property and then say sorry no visa (hope not anyway).

cheers Kath:
Long time readers will be fed up with hearing it but we were granted -410s last year but halfway through the process the new Contributory Parent visa came out and we put in for that Looks as if we will never actually use the -410!

Try phoning the case officer - or emailing - and asking what the prospects are, saying why you need to know. They can only tell you to b*gg*r off!