Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Retired couple in Morayfield, QLD

Retired couple in Morayfield, QLD

Old Mar 20th 2012, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

Downatheart is a jewel in the roughDownatheart is a jewel in the roughDownatheart is a jewel in the roughDownatheart is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Retired couple in Morayfield, QLD

Originally Posted by valandmatt53
Incidentally ValMatt53, my brother lived in Cleveland for many years, and recently moved to Ormiston. We love Cleveland (but family is in WA) – maybe we could meet up when we next come on a visit.

Hi Dave and Linda, that would be really good to meet up when you visit Ormiston and something to look forward to. At the moment we are impatiently waiting for our CO, hopefully should be July/August and as we are going for the 173 initially, fingers crossed we get visa by Sept/October and we will be on the first plane outta here! Will keep in touch. Val x
I think it would be fabulous if we all could meet up, what a fun day that would be
Old Mar 21st 2012, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by valandmatt53
Incidentally ValMatt53, my brother lived in Cleveland for many years, and recently moved to Ormiston. We love Cleveland (but family is in WA) – maybe we could meet up when we next come on a visit.

Hi Dave and Linda, that would be really good to meet up when you visit Ormiston and something to look forward to. At the moment we are impatiently waiting for our CO, hopefully should be July/August and as we are going for the 173 initially, fingers crossed we get visa by Sept/October and we will be on the first plane outta here! Will keep in touch. Val x
Fingers crossed for you.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Downatheart
I think it would be fabulous if we all could meet up, what a fun day that would be
Yes, it would be good to chat to others in the same boat about their experiences now that we have been here a while.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Downatheart
My parents are due over (whenever they can sell their house) and this is something that worries me, we are out all day and they are going to be in the same boat as you. I know the libraries have brochures aimed at the over 50's with lots of free activities to do, the gyms seem to over 50's classes as well and that could be a good place to meet people if you are both still active. Good luck I hope you soon settle in.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Downatheart is a jewel in the roughDownatheart is a jewel in the roughDownatheart is a jewel in the roughDownatheart is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by macy
My parents are due over (whenever they can sell their house) and this is something that worries me, we are out all day and they are going to be in the same boat as you. I know the libraries have brochures aimed at the over 50's with lots of free activities to do, the gyms seem to over 50's classes as well and that could be a good place to meet people if you are both still active. Good luck I hope you soon settle in.
Thanks Macy, we have joined online things so that we can go places with other people - not saying that all Aussies are stand offish but the ones we seem to meet don't want to be friends, they are quite happy to go out on a jaunt and then not see you again until you happen to meet up at another one. I know that just 5 months is not a long time but thought we would have some sort of friendship blossoming by now.

Hope that your parents have better luck than us in a shorter time.