Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Retic Installation

Retic Installation

Old Jul 2nd 2006, 2:47 pm
Banned

Rug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud of
Default Retic Installation

Has anyone managed to intsall their own reticulation system in their garden?

Im thinking of doing it but no idea what to do, any advice and how to go about it?

How does it work and what are the parts involved.
Much appreciated, thanks.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 1:42 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Retic Installation

Originally Posted by Rug13y

Im thinking of doing it but no idea what to do, any advice and how to go about it?

go to bunnings and buy a kit..Suzette
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 6:51 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Retic Installation

Originally Posted by Rug13y

This is where you get waste water to water the garden?

I've done this in the UK - but the neighbours complained because when the shower water watered the garden there was a bit of a smell if you didnt use the entire butt of water immediately. ie if it rained for a few days and you didnt need the system, when you ran it the stored water was a week old or whatever.

Had to disconnect it

Will try again in Oz so interested in your thread.

Buzzy
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 8:24 am
Banned

Rug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud of

I think its one to be connected up to the mains water. I was thinking if anyone had done a DIY retic installation might be able to help me. Bunnings just sell the parts, not really good at giving help.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 8:29 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Don't do it....... my husband has done it a couple of times as has my friends husband...... they have now turned into the biggest pair of boring farts you could imagine, they are constantly fiddling with bits of retic pipe etc and talking non stop about their achievements.

I recon doing your own retic is grounds for divorce.

Sorry i can't give you any useful info, the other half is out just now so i can't ask him but i have to recon if those 2 can do it then it can't be rocket science, have you asked the guys in Bunnings they are normally really helpful.

Lynn
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 9:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by movetoperth
Don't do it....... my husband has done it a couple of times as has my friends husband...... they have now turned into the biggest pair of boring farts you could imagine, they are constantly fiddling with bits of retic pipe etc and talking non stop about their achievements.

I recon doing your own retic is grounds for divorce.

Sorry i can't give you any useful info, the other half is out just now so i can't ask him but i have to recon if those 2 can do it then it can't be rocket science, have you asked the guys in Bunnings they are normally really helpful.

Lynn
You sound bitter have you considered therapy
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 9:11 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You sound bitter have you considered therapy
No...... but i have coinsidered a bit on the side

To make matters worse they have both got into brewing their own beer, bloody hell when they get together its like an evening with Gilly Goulden (is that her name) only even more dull. How do men suddenly manage to turn middleaged without you noticing

Lynn
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 9:13 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Retic Installation

Originally Posted by movetoperth
No...... but i have coinsidered a bit on the side

To make matters worse they have both got into brewing their own beer, bloody hell when they get together its like an evening with Gilly Goulden (is that her name) only even more dull. How do men suddenly manage to turn middleaged without you noticing

Lynn
It's a reaction to being nagged too much

Buzzy
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 9:19 am
Breeding little aussies

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
It's a reaction to being nagged too much

Buzzy

He'd have to listen for that to have an effect on him I personally think its something that comes with nose hair........ God help us when it starts sprouting out of his ears :scared:

Lynn