A Rethink

Old Jul 1st 2004, 8:56 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Rethink

My husband and I are having a bit of a rethink, partly due to desperation. If we decide to emigrate to Adelaide instead of Brisbane...are we more likely to get in? The problem we have, as some of you may know, is that my husband turns 30 in 13 days and we only currently have 110 points. His Vetassess has come back positive in the Sports Administrator Category. I saw on BBC that South Australia is trying to lure people, and Adelaide does look lovely. WHAT SHOULD WE DO? HELP!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Lucy
I think that some mentioned there are certain areas of Queensland that you can go to on the new visa. I am sure that ABC will be able to tell you the exact areas. You have passed the vetasses and I am sure that this is one of the worst parts.

I have never been to Adelaide. I know that Jockney loves it there though. You could always contact Podgypossum. She will help you with any questions.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:21 am
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: A Rethink

Originally posted by lucyb
My husband and I are having a bit of a rethink, partly due to desperation. If we decide to emigrate to Adelaide instead of Brisbane...are we more likely to get in? The problem we have, as some of you may know, is that my husband turns 30 in 13 days and we only currently have 110 points. His Vetassess has come back positive in the Sports Administrator Category. I saw on BBC that South Australia is trying to lure people, and Adelaide does look lovely. WHAT SHOULD WE DO? HELP!
Do you have any property? Can you raise $100.000 which is about £40K, that adds 5 points, can you get your skills assessed? We are going to Brisbane and quite a lot of areas there have skills shortages. I believe Perth is the same?
Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:25 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Rethink

Have you talked through the application options with your agent?

Jeremy

Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:26 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jeremy,

Ive just emailed her, Ill let you know what she says.

Lucy
Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:27 am
ABCDiamond

I think we are talking about the New Skilled Independant visa being released today, July 1st, and I'm not that good with visa's

The areas in QLD relate to the sponsored designated area where points aren't even required I think ! ? Dont quote me on that though, as I haven't checked it, and my memory isn't that great

Old Jul 1st 2004, 11:48 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

All agents are trying to absorb the new rules at the moment. And they are complex.

From what I can tell, applying for a regular skilled visa will not 'freeze' age if you subsequently apply for a SIR visa (even if DIMIA invite you to do so) so that may not be the way to go.

Talk through things in detail with your agent.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Ive just emailed her, Ill let you know what she says.

Lucy