Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Retail Manager potential migration to Australia?

Retail Manager potential migration to Australia?

Old Feb 14th 2019, 6:53 am
Just Joined

thuytien is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Retail Manager potential migration to Australia?

Hi there, I'm a commercial manager for the UK's largest retailer, I have recently been on holiday to Australia, gold coast specifically, and absolutely fell in love with the country! I loved the climate as you would imagine, but also the people, city, culture and lifestyle of the people there, it was a massive culture shock having lived in North London all my life and worked in Kensington for a year. I have obviously considered living costs and wages etc. and with no children and a girlfriend who is a nursery nurse we could both definitely more than survive, but my main worry is the possibility of a permanent visa. As a retail manager, I wouldn't qualify for the skilled migrant visa, having looked into work further I could potentially find a company willing to sponsor my visa, but this wouldn't be a permanent solution, has anyone in a similar situation had a similar issue? How viable is it to go on a working visa and then apply for a permanent visa and what do you recommend I do from here, as I'm still young this is a long term goal and therefore I'm willing to accept any advice you may have.
Old Feb 16th 2019, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retail Manager potential migration to Australia?

I am very sorry - but I cannot see this occupation being sponsored for a visa, especially by a company on the Gold Coast.
Old Feb 16th 2019, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Advice? Get a new career probably. As has been said, you're not likely to get a look in with the occupation you have. If you are desperate, then look at retraining for something which might (although there are no guarantees in this world) get you a visa and which you would give your eye teeth to spend the rest of your life doing, just in case it doesn't work out.
Old Feb 16th 2019, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Come out on a working holiday perhaps? A longer stay will introduce you to a more realistic conclusion perhaps?