Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Retail Manager potential migration to Australia?

Retail Manager potential migration to Australia?

Old Mar 29th 2016, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

lndnlndn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Retail Manager potential migration to Australia?

Hi there, I'm a commercial manager for the UK's largest retailer, I have recently been on holiday to Australia, gold coast specifically, and absolutely fell in love with the country! I loved the climate as you would imagine, but also the people, city, culture and lifestyle of the people there, it was a massive culture shock having lived in North London all my life and worked in Kensington for a year. I have obviously considered living costs and wages etc. and with no children and a girlfriend who is a nursery nurse we could both definitely more than survive, but my main worry is the possibility of a permanent visa. As a retail manager, I wouldn't qualify for the skilled migrant visa, having looked into work further I could potentially find a company willing to sponsor my visa, but this wouldn't be a permanent solution, has anyone in a similar situation had a similar issue? How viable is it to go on a working visa and then apply for a permanent visa and what do you recommend I do from here, as I'm still young this is a long term goal and therefore I'm willing to accept any advice you may have.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retail Manager potential migration to Australia?

Retail Manager is not on the SOL or CSOL which means that it is not eligible for skilled migration, temporary employer sponsorship or the 186 permanent employer sponsorship.

It may be eligible for the regional employer sponsorship however, but you would need to find a willing employer in a regional part of Australia and they would have hoops to jump through such as demonstrating that they cannot find an Australian for the role.

So migration seems unlikely I am afraid. But yes you could go on a WHV and see if that miracle happens and you find the regional sponsor, I am sure you could have a great time nevertheless. But you would need to be prepared for this to be a holiday only.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

lndnlndn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Retail Manager potential migration to Australia?

Hi, thanks for the reply, it's been really helpful.