Resume`s

Old May 16th 2007, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

The Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to all
Default Resume`s

Can anyone send me an example of how you set a resume out ozzy style please.

Sam. x
Old May 16th 2007, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

lilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resume`s

Originally Posted by The Brooks

Sam. x
I can send you a copy of mine-but whether it is Aussie style or not is a different matter. Most of the agencies/companies i've sent it to seemed to think it was ok(i asked quite a few). To be honest it reads like a list, but hey ho - it's got my foot in the door already, and an interview on arrival as well..
Let me know if you wanna see it, by the way, i'm a sparky so whether that will help or not i don't know.
Cheers
Neil
Old May 16th 2007, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

This may help http://www.careerone.com.au/jobs/job...ve-your-resume

Make sure you put on that you have a visa and have full unrestricted work rights in Australia. If you need any more help feel free to PM me and I'll see what I can do.
Old May 16th 2007, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

The Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lilstewie
I can send you a copy of mine-but whether it is Aussie style or not is a different matter. Most of the agencies/companies i've sent it to seemed to think it was ok(i asked quite a few). To be honest it reads like a list, but hey ho - it's got my foot in the door already, and an interview on arrival as well..
Let me know if you wanna see it, by the way, i'm a sparky so whether that will help or not i don't know.
Cheers
Neil
That would be great if you could send me a copy of yours, it will help greatly as hubbie is also a sparky, we`ve just had our visa granted and are just in the process of sending the ARTC stuff off.

Thanks i`ll PM my email address.

Also thanks for the link Wendy much appreciated.

Sam. x
Old May 16th 2007, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Brooks

Sam. x
Ihave an Aus style resume. Be more than happy to email you a copy. Just pm me with an email address.
Difference between UK CV and Aus resume are
UK - short and sweet, the shorter the better, no more than 2 pages and if you can get it on 1 all the better
Aus - like much more detail, the more the better, usually 3 -4 pages
I got a few examples off google aus and took it from there
If you want a copy let me know
Sal
Old May 16th 2007, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

cartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nice

Originally Posted by sals
Ihave an Aus style resume. Be more than happy to email you a copy. Just pm me with an email address.
UK - short and sweet, the shorter the better, no more than 2 pages and if you can get it on 1 all the better
Sal
Hi Sal,

Sorry to jump in on the thread. Could you send us a copy of your CV. Have a feeling we have gone about ours in the wrong way (short and sweet and to the point).

Be grateful for any help - hope to be flying out to Brisbane end June.

Thanks

Carol
Old May 16th 2007, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cartel
Hi Sal,

Sorry to jump in on the thread. Could you send us a copy of your CV. Have a feeling we have gone about ours in the wrong way (short and sweet and to the point).

Be grateful for any help - hope to be flying out to Brisbane end June.

Thanks

Carol
Not a problem I did same thing initially. A UK colleague re did my CV as she said it was too long, but when I checked it out it's completely the opposite.
Just pm me and I'll email it over
sals
Old May 16th 2007, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough

the Oz CV`s certainly seem more "beefy" than the uk ones!!
Old May 17th 2007, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

Sal
Thanks sal, sent you a pm with my e mail

Sam
Old May 17th 2007, 7:17 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

My cv for my current job was so large they said they didnt know wether to read it or hold the door open with it!
Old May 17th 2007, 7:54 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think there is much knowledge of CVs down here. Recently had to go through about 60+ of them and to be honest the best ones were from expats. Got one from an Aussie that was a poor photocopy and he'd put pictures in it to highlight things, one of which was a logo from our main competitors! Maybe in an arty profession, but an Engineer . Some were lists of qualifications about 5 pages long.....boring and pointless as it did not give a "picture" of the applicant. Some had diabolical spelling, grammar and punctuation to the point I wondered how they ever got to be an Engineer.
If I were you I'd stick to what you know has worked in the past. Make it clear, concise and to the point. And no more than 2 x A4 long as I tended to loose interest after the first page if nothing had grabbed me on the first
Old May 17th 2007, 4:04 pm
I'd rather be fishin' !!!

Kernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud of

Sal
Hi Sal

Would you mind emailing me yours, if I pm you my email address? Arriving in Sydney on 1st June and need to get a job pretty promptly.

Thanks.
Old May 17th 2007, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

cop3 will become famous soon enough

Sal

Hi Sal

Can I be really cheeky and ask you to send us a copy of your CV too please. I have just started to re-write OH's CV and am not sure where to start!

Thanks

Sue
Old May 17th 2007, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cop3
Hi Sal

Can I be really cheeky and ask you to send us a copy of your CV too please. I have just started to re-write OH's CV and am not sure where to start!

Thanks

Sue
Kerno and cop and anyone else really I'd be happy to. Just pm me your emails. I can't attach on a pm. I will send a copy to your email
Sals