Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Restaurant Help - northern beaches

Restaurant Help - northern beaches

Old Oct 25th 2006, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

clan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really nice
Default Restaurant Help - northern beaches

Hi all

we've been on the Northern Beaches for a couple of weeks now
and as its my wife's birthday on Sunday I'd like to take her somewhere really nice.

Not knowing the area too well yet, can anyone recommend a really nice
restaurant, thats no more than say 25 minutes from the Frenchs Forest area ?
This is so that we can get back quickly if the little ones wake up and the
baby sitter isn't able to get them back off to sleep !

Would like maybe French, Italian, Australian type (ie not Indian / Chinese)
maybe a Nice Fish restaurant.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Neil
Old Oct 25th 2006, 8:32 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurant Help - northern beaches

Originally Posted by clan_campbell
Hi all

we've been on the Northern Beaches for a couple of weeks now
and as its my wife's birthday on Sunday I'd like to take her somewhere really nice.

Not knowing the area too well yet, can anyone recommend a really nice
restaurant, thats no more than say 25 minutes from the Frenchs Forest area ?
This is so that we can get back quickly if the little ones wake up and the
baby sitter isn't able to get them back off to sleep !

Would like maybe French, Italian, Australian type (ie not Indian / Chinese)
maybe a Nice Fish restaurant.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Neil
Hi

We ate at Aqua Dining (Milson's Point) a couple of weeks ago after being recommended it by friends - fantastic in every respect, views, menu and food, service etc etc. Would probably describe it as Australian cuisine with a strong fish bias. I don't think that would take you more than half an hour in evening traffic.

So you have only been here a couple of weeks and are sorted with babysitters already! If your wife wants to get out and meet more people get her to look at the meet ups section - we are arranging a coffee and gossip on 7th november. She would be more than welcome to join us if she is free. . .

B
Old Oct 25th 2006, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

clan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really nice

Originally Posted by binbird
Hi

We ate at Aqua Dining (Milson's Point) a couple of weeks ago after being recommended it by friends - fantastic in every respect, views, menu and food, service etc etc. Would probably describe it as Australian cuisine with a strong fish bias. I don't think that would take you more than half an hour in evening traffic.

So you have only been here a couple of weeks and are sorted with babysitters already! If your wife wants to get out and meet more people get her to look at the meet ups section - we are arranging a coffee and gossip on 7th november. She would be more than welcome to join us if she is free. . .

B
Hi BinBird

thanks for the suggestion - i'll take a look.

Well the "babysitter" is actually our 15 year old son who often looks after his
5 and 3 year old brother and sister. Its just that being in a new Country,
in a new house, and in new beds is still a bit unsettling for the little ones !

I had already shown my wife (Jo) the meet-ups, and we were looking out
for details on the next one. We will keep our eyes peeled for the exact details.

Thanks

Neil
Old Oct 25th 2006, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by binbird
Hi

B
Ooh - forget to ask - is there any parking nearby ? and is there any sort of
dress code (dont wnt to turn up in jeans if its a dinner suit sort of place !)?

Thanks

Neil
Old Oct 25th 2006, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BinBird

thanks for the suggestion - i'll take a look.

Well the "babysitter" is actually our 15 year old son who often looks after his
5 and 3 year old brother and sister. Its just that being in a new Country,
in a new house, and in new beds is still a bit unsettling for the little ones !

I had already shown my wife (Jo) the meet-ups, and we were looking out
for details on the next one. We will keep our eyes peeled for the exact details.

Thanks

Neil
Hi Jo (and Neil)

We'd love to see you at out next meet up. As Binbird says, it's on the 7th Nov. We don't have a location for it yet, but keep watching the thread on in the meet-ups forum for details.

Look forwards to meeting you then

Rudi
x
Old Oct 26th 2006, 7:26 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh - forget to ask - is there any parking nearby ? and is there any sort of
dress code (dont wnt to turn up in jeans if its a dinner suit sort of place !)?

Thanks

Neil
Hi Neil

Plenty of street parking on Alfred Street or you can park at Luna Park. Dress code is smart casual - kinda anything goes really!

Have fun!

B