Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Resigned today after 3months.

Wikiposts

Resigned today after 3months.

Old Apr 26th 2005, 10:46 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Resigned today after 3months.

Hubby started his new job on Feb 14th & today he handed in his letter of resignation & walked out,so for the first time in his working life he is unemployed
Dont want to go on & on,the biggest problem was the company wouldnt train hubby with the basic workings of the company no matter how many times he shouted for help,a disagreement with the bosses wife over a work related issue lead to my husband being threatned by the boss

Hubbys feeling quite low & we,re both feeling a bit scared,never been in this position before but i am 100% confident hubby will find another job pretty soon,hes good at what he does

Malcolm has an interview tomorrow-wish him luck guys

Donna.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 10:47 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resigned today after 3months.

Good luck Malcolm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sue
Old Apr 26th 2005, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh, bad news guys, chin up and good luck for the interview.

karma on it's way!
Old Apr 26th 2005, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by madsad
Hubby started his new job on Feb 14th & today he handed in his letter of resignation & walked out,so for the first time in his working life he is unemployed
Dont want to go on & on,the biggest problem was the company wouldnt train hubby with the basic workings of the company no matter how many times he shouted for help,a disagreement with the bosses wife over a work related issue lead to my husband being threatned by the boss

Hubbys feeling quite low & we,re both feeling a bit scared,never been in this position before but i am 100% confident hubby will find another job pretty soon,hes good at what he does

Donna.
Good luck for tomoz Malcolm sending some karma

Debs xxx
Old Apr 26th 2005, 10:51 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Donna

Just wanted to wish your hubby luck for the interview.

Sending best wishes to you all

Louise
Old Apr 26th 2005, 10:52 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Donna.
Good Luck Malcolm, Hope your interview goes well, keep your chin up and I am sure something will come up soon.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 10:54 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear you're first work experience was so negative.
Good luck for tomorrow, and for your future days.
Karma sent,

Cas
Old Apr 26th 2005, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

Donna.
You'll be right Donna ! You lot came thru loads more hassel to get here and you're not gonna fall down on the first step. (even though it's a tuffy)
Good luck to Malc, you know your virtual friends are here and you'll always "get a piece at my door if you ever need it."
All the best, let us know how he gets on,
Tass.
P.S. Good luck karma sent.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 10:55 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Donna.
Oh dear....not a good company to work for then

Good luck tomos and chin up

Old Apr 26th 2005, 10:56 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Donna.
Hi Donna,

Knowing Malc he'll find a job pretty quick, he's got so much determination and drive!!!

Let us know how the interview goes? Keeping everything crossed for you

Lots of love

D D
Old Apr 26th 2005, 10:59 pm
blossom

Wishing Malcolm good luck for his interview - don't despair I'm sure the right job will come along very soon. Chin up folks,

Blossom

Old Apr 26th 2005, 11:00 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Donna.

Similiar thing happened to me, handed in notice after five weeks and left, basically long hours and disorganised company. Walked straight into another far better job. Since I have been in Australia have had eight interviews and been offered eight jobs.
Don't worry loads of work about.

Good luck

Paul J
Old Apr 26th 2005, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

LancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the rough

good luck for tomorrow
Old Apr 26th 2005, 11:04 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck Malcolm mate!
Old Apr 26th 2005, 11:06 pm
Professional Princess

Donna.

Sometimes Donna you have to take a gamble and jump into the unknown.

I read Malcolms post about the problems he was having with training etc. and I think its fair to say that he gave it a good go.

He doesnt even need to mention it tomorrow in his interview, he can say 'the job was great but the training wasnt what I expected'.

Being unemployed is scary wherever your living but its worth remembering that this wasn't meant for him.

You go through your share of crap jobs in the UK and maybe spells of unemployment and although its worrying, you do tend to pick yourself up.

I know its different being in Australia and you feel vulnerable, but when you think of it Donna, dole money is hard to get in the UK and if you were in the same situation in this country, you would be feeling just as vulnerable.

But your not, you are in Australia and because you are far from what is familiar, it will make you and Malcolm even more determined to get a job.

And like the UK, you have to find the right job.

I bet you in a few months, this will be a distant memory.

Everything happens for a reason, you will see.

Love Sam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.