Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

resignation day tommorrow, ahhhh

resignation day tommorrow, ahhhh

Old Aug 27th 2009, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice
Default Re: resignation day tommorrow, ahhhh

Good call beachband

I am finally going after 4 years of deliberation ... circumstances ended up pushing me that way so guess it was just "meant to be"!?
Old Aug 28th 2009, 2:15 am
Banned

SalmanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beachband
Ya I was kinda like that too, leaving the company a few months ago after 12 years, with no job to go to in Oz etc.
My bosses did not want me going anywhere, they frickin loved me.

But do you know what....this life is for livin, I meant LIVIN.
Its daunting alright, in the same breath as it is exciting.

I don't want to be on my deathbed going..why the hell didn't I go to Oz, why didn't I leave my job that time and do something that's a once in a lifetime thing.
You never hear of someone saying on their deathbed(no matter how important a job they had) I should have worked more hours, been more dedicated to my company)
But you do hear people on their deathbed saying - why didn't I do this when I was younger, or gone there etc, Oh if I only had my time back again etc.
So sacrifices, like leaving your secure job, family, COMFORT ZONE are all part of the hurdles of this thing we are all involved in to fulfill our goal, whether it lasts 5 mins..5 months..5 years........a LIFETIME!!!

If ya never try then you'll never know,
Ya do only live once ya know, and a precious frickin one it is!!!
Thanks man, really got some motivation with your explanation as i believe more or less, same is the situation everyone facing who updated his experience here
Old Aug 28th 2009, 3:12 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

My boss knew I was going, but I resigned early and only gave him one weeks notice. Although this left him in a mess he said if he was in my shoes he would of just walked there and then.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

hotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant future

My boss was super supportive when I told her I was leaving and what my plans were. I think when they know you're leaving to move abroad its not a kick in the teeth for them as they know you haven't been plotting a move to a competitor etc.. behind their back. I got the usual, sad to lose you but if I was in your shoes I'd do the same thing, blah blah..

Still not sure if I did the right thing, but time will tell!!
Old Aug 28th 2009, 4:46 am
Banned

SalmanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hotfuss
My boss was super supportive when I told her I was leaving and what my plans were. I think when they know you're leaving to move abroad its not a kick in the teeth for them as they know you haven't been plotting a move to a competitor etc.. behind their back. I got the usual, sad to lose you but if I was in your shoes I'd do the same thing, blah blah..

Still not sure if I did the right thing, but time will tell!!
You are right, we all were settled fine in our own countries with satisfactory jobs but to pursue any dream, such risks are mandatory so lets try our luck
Old Aug 29th 2009, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SalmanM
You are right, we all were settled fine in our own countries with satisfactory jobs but to pursue any dream, such risks are mandatory so lets try our luck
absolutely..... "no pain no gain" they say??

or we could simply sit in our comfortable homes, cushy jobs.... enjoy the "nice" weather... for the rest of our lives....

or.... jump up and experience what we many others may not.... life's all about adventure
Old Aug 30th 2009, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

sormesher -- so how did it go???