Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Resident Return Visa Granted

Resident Return Visa Granted

Old May 18th 2015, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Phil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the rough
Smile Resident Return Visa Granted

Hi Everyone
Its been a while since I posted in the forum and I just wanted to post an update as we have just had our RRV granted

Back in August 2012 we were all set to leave the UK for Brisbane on our PR136visa when my wife Tracey needed to have an urgent operation, this caused us to cancel everything including flights, quarantine for 2 dogs, accommodation etc. After her operation we only had a few weeks before our visas expired but Tracey was not allowed to fly for a few months so it meant that our visa's did expire.

called Australia House and explained our situation and they said we could apply for an RRV but I may require a job offer as our total time in Australia was only 9days which was our visa validation visit back in 2008.

Since then we tried 3 migration agents (1 very well known on the forums) to help us through the process but none was willing to help or take our case until by chance I received an email in September 2014 inviting us to an Australian open evening hosted by Hannibal from Thames Migration in London, this was odd because I had never heard of the company before so I emailed back explaining our situation and a lady called Deepika replied asking for all the details of our case. A few days later she telephoned me and said they would be willing to take our case and sent us all the forms to start the process.

During the next few months I managed to acquire a job offer through one of the agency's that Thames Migration recommended to us and this was added to our application along with all our other paperwork. Anyway our application was submitted and we got the visa granted a few days ago and are over the moon, we have now started to prepare to leave for Oz as soon as our dogs can be processed for quarantine.

Thames Migration sorted everything for us and I cant praise them enough because without them we would not be getting ready to leave for Australia, from the beginning there attitude was very different from the other agents we had tried as our case was not easy and I am so glad we found them and I would totally recommend them to anyone.

We are all Hoping to be in Adelaide by Christmas and look forward to meeting up.

All the best
Phil, Tracey & Jessica
Old May 18th 2015, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resident Return Visa Granted

Congratulations! I'm really happy for you and your family - and I trust your wife has made a complete recovery from her operation. Here's wishing you and your family a fantastic new life ahead!
Old May 19th 2015, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

Phil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by xizzles
Congratulations! I'm really happy for you and your family - and I trust your wife has made a complete recovery from her operation. Here's wishing you and your family a fantastic new life ahead!
Thank you so much for your lovely reply, Tracey is fine now thank you and we are very excited to be planning once again.

I cant believe how much things have gone up like shipping our dogs and all our stuff.
Old May 19th 2015, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Rhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phil K
I cant believe how much things have gone up like shipping our dogs and all our stuff.
Congrats on the visa Phil and pleased that your wife is now back to health.

If it is any consolation, your British pounds would currently buy a few more Aussie dollars than they would had you come out in 2012! Who knows what the situation will be like by the end of the year though.
Old May 22nd 2015, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rhubarb65
Congrats on the visa Phil and pleased that your wife is now back to health.

If it is any consolation, your British pounds would currently buy a few more Aussie dollars than they would had you come out in 2012! Who knows what the situation will be like by the end of the year though.
Thank you very much & yes I see the exchange rate is better now but like you say it may not last.

We intend to rent when we first arrive although we have dogs so the choice may be more limited for us even though our dogs are very good and clean.