Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Reserve Bank has increased interest rates...

The Reserve Bank has increased interest rates...

Old Nov 2nd 2010, 8:20 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Reserve Bank has increased interest rates...

Originally Posted by bcworld
A$1 > US$1 again
On Wednesday, the US Federal Reserve is expected to sanction a further $500bn (£312bn) of bond purchases.

And when that happens the USD will fall further.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/c...ns-mayhem.html
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 8:41 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Just like everyone said it wouldn't ...
I said it would.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'm happy.

1-1 USD - gadgetastic
1-1.30 NZD - looking good for our trip to 3rd world NZ in December
1-7.8 HKD - ditto for our trip to HK next year
Where do you get your US gadgets from. None of the US sites I've visited will post to here.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 77hil
Where do you get your US gadgets from. None of the US sites I've visited will post to here.
There are brokerages. Price USA being one and eBay has another.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 8:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by IvanM
I really want to know how much higher their cost of borrowing actually is. Swan and Hockey will have an unseemly argument over this one.
Or more likely, Hockey will say some stupid stuff and Swan will sit back while the press takes the piss out of Hockey.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

....and down in the suburbs, a jetski is for sale on the grass verge...
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 9:56 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LongWayHome
Cannot believe the CBA raised rates above and bayond the cash rate rise. They are having a laugh
Yeah and i'll be visiting my closest Mortgage Choice tomorrow to see if possible to leave the Conbank ...

Originally Posted by garyp
$10000 AUD just gave me £6140 into my UK bank account. Made up for what I lost when I brought my money over to OZ. Every cloud has a silver lining.
Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I like that
Yeah sounds bloody good, I owe £2,500 to someone in the UK. Just a pity I can't afford it at this present stage of my life ...

Except the RBA.
Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I said it would.
If i'm generalising do I HAVE to stipulate now? ...
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 10:12 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

True. Even Abbott was sticking the knife into him over his last gaffe.
Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Or more likely, Hockey will say some stupid stuff and Swan will sit back while the press takes the piss out of Hockey.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

On the average $350K mortgage that is only $17 a week extra (unless you are with the CBA in which case it is $30).

CBA's shares were up nearly 2% today so they must be doing something right!
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone see the channel 9 news tonight, they gave CB a right old slagging off for raising rates by 0.45% (words like 'greedy banks ripping more cash out of your pocket').

What the banks are saying in their defence is that its because they are having trouble raising funds for home lending, which is strange when Australia has among the highest rates in the world, wonder why they have trouble securing money to lend on property, can anyone guess?
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
(unless you are with the CBA in which case it is $30).
Suspect the others will follow suit...
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 10:24 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

See what a credit union can do for you as well. Brokers are not independent and get paybacks from the lenders.

And I would also advise on budgeting for plenty more rate rises. They might not happen but with the US printing money and Chinese inflation I would say there is more to come.

Yeah and i'll be visiting my closest Mortgage Choice tomorrow to see if possible to leave the Conbank ...
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

See what a credit union can do for you as well. Brokers are not independent and get paybacks from the lenders.

And I would also advise on budgeting for plenty more rate rises. They might not happen but with the US printing money and Chinese inflation I would say there is more to come.
Maybe the base currency is Iron ore
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 10:52 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the tip ... will look into it.

Yeah i'm aware the brokers will often get a better drink from one lender than another, and probably go with them on that ground, regardless of YOUR benefits ... ... but the same time they know it better than me and figures are figures! I'll not jump if figures aint right, and OH is more thorough with all that anyway.

Yeah we've had the mortgage a year in 4 days, and have kinda budgeted for 2 - 3% on top, but all the same the Conbank! ... :curse:

Altho I spose I didn't say that when they produced a mortgage offer in 5 days in the height of it all a year ago when 'first time buyers' was getting dropped. Was originally goin thru with the NAB but with backlogs and pressure from seller we almost lost the house (didn't think we was good for it) so I said to the Conbank (who I bank with and recently denied me), "give me the mortgage and we got a deal" and they did in 5 days which was unheard of for current time.

Original denial was a cock up as the fact I had a credit card with em changed my deposit needed, I had one but wasn't originally taken into account.

Been good to me for over 4 years in all honesty, but can't help think i'm gettin shafted here ...
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

If i'm generalising do I HAVE to stipulate now? ...
Carry on as normal. I'll drop the banter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.