Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Researching suburbs

Researching suburbs

Old Feb 11th 2011, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

chzza is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Researching suburbs

Does anyone know any good websites for researching suburbs. I know it's not the ideal way to do it but just wanna get some ideas. We want to narrow things down for when we go for a visit
Thanks
Old Feb 11th 2011, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Researching suburbs

Originally Posted by chzza
Does anyone know any good websites for researching suburbs. I know it's not the ideal way to do it but just wanna get some ideas. We want to narrow things down for when we go for a visit
Thanks
As noone else has replied, I will start the ball rolling. I think the lack of replies is probably due to the fact that you haven't stated where you are hoping to settle. If you give us an idea of which cities/areas you are interested in, you may get more response............Australia is HUGE!!!!
Old Feb 11th 2011, 1:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Give us a clue... Which state? Town? Country? Beach? Price guide? Will you be working? Where? What? What do you have now? What do you want? What do you need?
Old Feb 11th 2011, 3:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
http://cityhobo.com.au/

This one covers Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide suburbs. In case you are thinking of one of these.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 3:59 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
http://cityhobo.com.au/

This one covers Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide suburbs. In case you are thinking of one of these.
Brisbane outer suburbs ... Manly and Sandgate, and that's it.

Seems to be mostly within 10km of the CBD, good luck to you if you can afford it!

If I had to live that close and could afford it this is where I'd be:
http://www.cityhobo.com/cities/brisb...risbane-6-10km
Old Feb 11th 2011, 5:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Brisbane outer suburbs ... Manly and Sandgate, and that's it.

Seems to be mostly within 10km of the CBD, good luck to you if you can afford it!

If I had to live that close and could afford it this is where I'd be:
http://www.cityhobo.com/cities/brisb...risbane-6-10km
You probably can afford it - usually all that extra space outer suburban houses have is not that necessary - price wise big house outer suburbs can often convert to smaller house inner suburbs - it's all down to priorities I guess.

Last edited by fish.01; Feb 11th 2011 at 5:53 am.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 6:23 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
You probably can afford it - usually all that extra space outer suburban houses have is not that necessary - price wise big house outer suburbs can often convert to smaller house inner suburbs - it's all down to priorities I guess.
Friends of ours bought out that way for around $450,000 about the same time we did, nothing fancy ... we paid $310,000 for our bit of space ... I'm still happy with the decision, just got to find somewhere nearer to home to work
Old Feb 11th 2011, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Friends of ours bought out that way for around $450,000 about the same time we did, nothing fancy ... we paid $310,000 for our bit of space ... I'm still happy with the decision, just got to find somewhere nearer to home to work
no luck at the iga
Old Feb 11th 2011, 6:24 am
Mostly Harmless

no luck at the iga
I'm overqualified, I have experience in bread AND cake stacking at Tesco in the 80s
Old Feb 11th 2011, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm overqualified, I have experience in bread AND cake stacking at Tesco in the 80s
Oh no where to from here?
Old Feb 11th 2011, 6:32 am
Mostly Harmless

Oh no where to from here?
Stop/Go man is favourite, licence to look like a member of ZZ Top.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Stop/Go man is favourite, licence to look like a member of ZZ Top.
Many a day I have looked at them jealously as I've headed off for a day of complex unit testing or something
Old Feb 11th 2011, 1:02 pm
Mostly Harmless

Many a day I have looked at them jealously as I've headed off for a day of complex unit testing or something
You are not wrong, you are not wrong
Old Feb 13th 2011, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

chzza is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by itigo
As noone else has replied, I will start the ball rolling. I think the lack of replies is probably due to the fact that you haven't stated where you are hoping to settle. If you give us an idea of which cities/areas you are interested in, you may get more response............Australia is HUGE!!!!
Sorry I prob should have mentioned might have been helpful we're looking at either gold coast or Brisbane. Depends where we have most luck finding work.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I prob should have mentioned might have been helpful we're looking at either gold coast or Brisbane. Depends where we have most luck finding work.
For Brisbane, check out suburbs within six kilometre radius of the CBD.