Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

as requested- family reeve , life after "get a new life"

as requested- family reeve , life after "get a new life"

Old Mar 13th 2005, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lived in halesworth in suffolk, now on the sunny coast qld
debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all
Default as requested- family reeve , life after "get a new life"

ok so its been a long time since lots of u saw us on tv 10 months i think , as so many have asked me how we are getting on thought it was about time i told . but im going to make it brief as dont want to bore u & not that brill at words . firstly we are still all really happy & living in same house in mount creek only about 6 mins to the ocean & nice & easy for kev to take the boat out which he do most weekends , caught some fab tuna last time which was put on the bbq, we had the pool put in last april & finally kev & lou put aircon in for xmas so thats good , but summer wasnt to hot this yr thank goodnes.
kev is still in aircon & really enjoys it , think he likes the hrs more & to think he was a gm of a smash repair centre most his working life , he genrally stolls in about 4 in the arov & somtime earlier & no saturday , he has never had one second regret, ok young louis now 18 , can go to pubs & clubs now as they are very strict here [which is good ] having time of his life spending wages as fast as he earns , passed his test first go bought a car which looks like a monster truck [pretty cheap] but gets him around , he is still instaling aircon with kev's subbie. but he likes it if they only have half days work so he can hit the beach etc, becoming a bit to much like the youg aussie boys im afraid , as some of u know he is planning to go back to uk with some aussie friends & also go see family in spain etc , what with i hear u say , well yes he hasnt much money saved & is hoping to sell car , we want him to wait untill later this yr once we get our citzenship , but can u tell the little bugger -no , anyway like someone eles said its all in the plan but hope it wont take place yet. all in all he's a good kid . now for nick coming up 22 . he took his driving test after louis as was never bothered back home but soon got to know that he would need to drive here , was so sick with worry that day in case he failed but he also passed first go [unlike me back home took 3 ok maybe 4 ]
the written test wasnt 2 bad boys got it 2rd time , kev first . ok it took me 3 . anyway nick has got a car , well i thought louis's was a monster but nick's take the lot its that bloody high i need a hitch up . as for work im very proud of him he has continued with his cabinet making & is doing great really makes some beautiful furniture, if any of u r brisbane way they have a shop in the vally called sac & lane they have pic's of the person who made the furniture & someone said that nic pic was on most ,must go have look for myself . thankfully he has no plans to take off . why the hell louis want to leave this great place beats me . i would rather go round oz first , but i think he wants to play the host for his aussie mates . anyway watch this space .
now me -- well im still enjoying being at home & really dont get bored as there is always somthing to do , some might think im a lazy cow as so many ask me if i work , im happy to be here & doing the wife & mum thing . love being here for boys ,kev , kev bought me a lovrly little puppy which i called poppy she is a maltese so she is like a baby at the mo & keeps me busy , she even has a baby sitter !!!!!! spoilt little thing , she goes off to my friend hazel's who i think loves her as much as me .
we have been so luckly so far & really cant see things changing , kev & i have no plans to go back even for a hol , we have had loads of visitors this past 18 months which has been great , laura was here for 6 months so that was nice for louis , but have now decided to just be friends , one lot were a nightmare visitors from hell , they wernt really good friends but we thought we say yes to them coming to much to say about what happened but put it this way they wont be welcome back .
had last friends [best ] here in feb & we all went upto cairns ,well port douglas really did the reef again & had a fab time , also went camping for the first time on the beach at double island what a laugh we had , should be going again for easter . also went back to fraser last oct with other friends i really love it there, its great having so many nice place which are not to far away .
i have made some good friends from this site & 2 lots are actually renting on this estate now so we have a good time with them , another has moved to jimbumba i think its called , spelling may be wrong but south of brisbane .
anyway we all know we made the right choice by settling here & doing the show was a great help . we still keep in touch with our director & researcher .
well sorry so much for being brief , thats just the tip of the iceburge hope its not bored u 2 much , feel free to comment good or bad and any help i can give i will be happy to .
thanks for all who has asked about us .
debs , kev, nick ,louis & poppy xxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Mar 13th 2005, 10:47 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: as requested- family reeve , life after "get a new life"

Originally Posted by debreeve
sorry everyone i seemed to of summited the tread twice & dont know how 2 delete it !!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL, I wouldnt know how to either.
I have just shown my husband your thread. I am sure I remember seeing you and yours on TV. Think your boys were jumping of a canal bridge whilst you were at a bbq and I was worried that there might me crocs in the canal. lol
Anway good to hear that you are happy and not even desperate to come back for a holiday, that all bodes well for the rest of us.

Hope the good times continue for you and your family.

Sharon
Desperate to be in Brisbane and hoping that the Spring will bring on the house buyers!!
Old Mar 13th 2005, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
LOL, I wouldnt know how to either.
I have just shown my husband your thread. I am sure I remember seeing you and yours on TV. Think your boys were jumping of a canal bridge whilst you were at a bbq and I was worried that there might me crocs in the canal. lol
Anway good to hear that you are happy and not even desperate to come back for a holiday, that all bodes well for the rest of us.

Hope the good times continue for you and your family.

Sharon
Desperate to be in Brisbane and hoping that the Spring will bring on the house buyers!!
oh id forgotten about them jumping off the bridge . one of the boys with louis & nic is now in essex & another is coming nxt mon . so thats why louis want to be with them . selling the house is a nightmare isnt it , ours fell through 2 days before we left .
anyway good luck to u .
debs xx
Old Mar 14th 2005, 1:03 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

sorry everyone i seemed to of summited the tread twice & dont know how 2 delete it !!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Times!! !!!!! Don't worry - worth re-reading and again!!!!!
Old Mar 14th 2005, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by arnie2oz
3 Times!! !!!!! Don't worry - worth re-reading and again!!!!!
hi arnie,
ok so im a bit blonde yes i noticed it was 3 times , think i kept adding extra bits then submiting , tried the edit thing but still cant seem to delte the flipping thing so once again sorry .
debs xx
Old Mar 14th 2005, 5:24 am
Phoenixuk2oz

hi arnie,
ok so im a bit blonde yes i noticed it was 3 times , think i kept adding extra bits then submiting , tried the edit thing but still cant seem to delte the flipping thing so once again sorry .
debs xx
Debs...if you go onto the "edit" section below..then click....it will take you through as if to edit your post but if you look on the page it says "to delete this thread".....so you can delete the threads one at a time by doing this.

Alternatively, PM one of the mods and they can do it for you

The other alternative....just send it 24 more times so the first page of Expats consits solely of your repeated threads and we stop getting excited that you've posted some more info [great updates btw ]

Old Mar 14th 2005, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Debs...if you go onto the "edit" section below..then click....it will take you through as if to edit your post but if you look on the page it says "to delete this thread".....so you can delete the threads one at a time by doing this.

Alternatively, PM one of the mods and they can do it for you

The other alternative....just send it 24 more times so the first page of Expats consits solely of your repeated threads and we stop getting excited that you've posted some more info [great updates btw ]
thanks for that will try it later . now going up to noosa to meet kev's cousin for dinner as its kevs 47th birthday tomorrow .
see ya , debs xx
Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that will try it later . now going up to noosa to meet kev's cousin for dinner as its kevs 47th birthday tomorrow .
see ya , debs xx
Great to hear you're still getting on great and still having fun.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:12 am
Phoenixuk2oz

see ya , debs xx
No probs. Enjoy the dinner

Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:46 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Really great to read an update from you all as only the other day hubbie asked if I knew if you still loved it out there, nice to be able to say YES in capital letters

Sasha
Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:47 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

What tv prog was that then??
Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Spindels is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear all is going well - your family were an inspiration for us, we will hopefully be in Brisbane by June.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Deb

Good to have you back on here again!

Like the previous poster you were an inspiration to us as well, we have passed the TRA and Visa app is lodged, hoping to settle in Buderim area.

Good to hear things are going well for your family. Please post some more installments.

Kevin (from Suffolk)
Old Mar 14th 2005, 3:46 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Lovely to find out what has been happening since the programme was made. Really pleased for you and your family.
Regards
Sarah
Old Mar 14th 2005, 4:09 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

It took me a minute or two to work out which family you were, then it sunk in as soon as you mentioned the air conditioning job. I remember my wife and i both saying fair play - got the right attitude - get a job regardless of the position and worry about the rest later.

Glad to hear you are all doing well, gives the rest of us something to emulate!!

Best of luck

Cheers

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.