Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Request for more information-what does this mean?

Request for more information-what does this mean?

Old Oct 5th 2004, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

bored brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Request for more information-what does this mean?

Received a letter from dimia this morning requesting more info about my previous employment history-they want a detailed job decrispition of one of my previous jobs. They want p45s or p60s as well and bank statements proving that I was getting wages paid directly into my account. .They also say that theres not enough proof that I was self-employed for the last year and they want listings from the yellow pages and bank statements for my business.
Why would they want this info when the tra has already approved my skills. and does this mean that they will refuse me my visa if I cant get them this additional info. Getting really scared now as all manner of thoughts are running through my brain :scared: and am starting to panic as we seem so close yet so far.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 4:02 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Request for more information-what does this mean?

Originally Posted by bored brit
Received a letter from dimia this morning requesting more info about my previous employment history-they want a detailed job decrispition of one of my previous jobs. They want p45s or p60s as well and bank statements proving that I was getting wages paid directly into my account. .They also say that theres not enough proof that I was self-employed for the last year and they want listings from the yellow pages and bank statements for my business.
Why would they want this info when the tra has already approved my skills. and does this mean that they will refuse me my visa if I cant get them this additional info. Getting really scared now as all manner of thoughts are running through my brain :scared: and am starting to panic as we seem so close yet so far.
bloody hell sorry i havent the anwser mate but i thought once tra approved your skills that was it why would DIMIA want you to send all this stuff have you got an agent?
Old Oct 5th 2004, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by possoms
bloody hell sorry i havent the anwser mate but i thought once tra approved your skills that was it why would DIMIA want you to send all this stuff have you got an agent?
Yeah got an agent and she cant understand it either-but what can you do your at there mercy-you have to play by their rules or else you lose.I am really concerned as I dont know of any one else this has happened to but if any one out there please let me know
Old Oct 5th 2004, 6:15 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

if your agent cant understand it then..... erm try a new agent?.

Isnt this because DIMIA have different reuqirements to TRA and DIMIA are looking to prove work experience points?... TRA just assess a skill - then DIMIA look to see that youve been in a job or closely related job for I think 12mths isnt it?.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spalen
if your agent cant understand it then..... erm try a new agent?.

Isnt this because DIMIA have different reuqirements to TRA and DIMIA are looking to prove work experience points?... TRA just assess a skill - then DIMIA look to see that youve been in a job or closely related job for I think 12mths isnt it?.
I know what your saying but we sent a detailed job decription outlining everything including salary hours worked etc. and they say they want more info all this for a job i left 4 years ago so i dont know why they need more info when i only have to prove the last 12 months
Old Oct 6th 2004, 12:27 am
owieb

Depending on how many points your occupation is worth (ie 60, 50 etc) determines how much information you have to provide.

If your occupation is worth 60 points you must have been in paid employment in a skilled occupation (any on the SOL) for at least 12 of the 18 months immediately before applying.

If your nominated occupation is worth 40 or 50 points, you must have been in paid employment in a skilled occupation (any on the SOL) for at least 2 of the 3 years immediately before applying.

For certain occupations, a longer period of specific work experience is required to obtain a suitable skills assessment (for example, manager).

If you haven't sent them any bank statements showing that you earnt a income then I can understand them wanting to see this. Just writing a description of what you got paid isn't really proof.

I had to go back over 10 years for my application and show P45's, salary slips etc. But my agent made me submit all this when the application went in, so that I wouldn't get asked for more info from DIMIA.

The TRA assessment is only used to determine whether your skills are suitable for migration. You have to meet the points requirement, the police check and medical checks before a visa can be granted.

Old Oct 6th 2004, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

ads02 is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems as though we are in the same boat. I received a similar request from DIMIA asking for past payslips, bank statements, Income Tax Returns, Listings in phone directory, Photos of business (interior & exterior), etc.

I had undergone successful skills assessment, medicals, Police checks, received a Pre- visa grant advice, too in May 2004, and then DIMIA dropped this bombshell. Was that the case with you as well?

I was given until Oct 15th to send off the stuff, which I have already done.

It will be good to know what's happening with each other....do keep in touch....And wish you luck!

Ads02
Old Oct 6th 2004, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ads02
It seems as though we are in the same boat. I received a similar request from DIMIA asking for past payslips, bank statements, Income Tax Returns, Listings in phone directory, Photos of business (interior & exterior), etc.

I had undergone successful skills assessment, medicals, Police checks, received a Pre- visa grant advice, too in May 2004, and then DIMIA dropped this bombshell. Was that the case with you as well?

I was given until Oct 15th to send off the stuff, which I have already done.

It will be good to know what's happening with each other....do keep in touch....And wish you luck!

Ads02

Thanks for the reply I thought that getting your skills assessed was the easy part how wrong i was .Getting phone listings bank statements for my business is the easy part. I didnt keep any of my pay slips from my last job it was more than 3 years ago and I cant understand why they need them as I only have to prove that I was working for 12 of the last 18months.I now have to get duplicate statements from the bank to prove that I had wages paid into my account.
I havnt got my visa yet (139 type) but am hopefull it will be soon once I send in the stuff that they have requested.
Best of luck with your application and let me know the outcome.

Paul
Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:23 am
Just Joined

Hi Paul,

Our initial entry date was set at 30th Sept 04 in the pre-grant visa advise. However an immigration officer had visited my office and also those of some of my references. It seems as though they were not satisfied with something and hence the request for more information before 15th Oct. Therefore, we have crossed the initial entry date. :scared:

Have you been allocated an initial entry date as yet (in your pre-grant letter)?

Cheers
Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ads02
Hi Paul,

Our initial entry date was set at 30th Sept 04 in the pre-grant visa advise. However an immigration officer had visited my office and also those of some of my references. It seems as though they were not satisfied with something and hence the request for more information before 15th Oct. Therefore, we have crossed the initial entry date. :scared:

Have you been allocated an initial entry date as yet (in your pre-grant letter)?

Cheers

Hi ads02 thanks for the reply-what visa did you apply for?
We are going on a 139 visa-skills designated area sponsored but havnt been granted our visa yet .
I dont understand how they gave you a pre-grant letter and then come out and check all your details-maybe somebody else can explain why they have done this .
Let me know how you get on all the best Paul
Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:33 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Did your skills assessment classification include a deeming date? Just a thought ... in any event I'd be gently enquiring of your case officer why this information is needed given the recent work experience requirement of your visa subclass.

Best regards.

Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Did your skills assessment classification include a deeming date? Just a thought ... in any event I'd be gently enquiring of your case officer why this information is needed given the recent work experience requirement of your visa subclass.

Best regards.
Hi Alan thanks for the reply. On our skills assessment my deeming date is 1996 so I really dont understand why they want this info when my visa subclass 139 doesnt require it.Any suggestions as to why they want this would be greatfully appreciated.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Hi ads02 thanks for the reply-what visa did you apply for?
We are going on a 139 visa-skills designated area sponsored but havnt been granted our visa yet .
I dont understand how they gave you a pre-grant letter and then come out and check all your details-maybe somebody else can explain why they have done this .
Let me know how you get on all the best Paul
I don't understand it either...but it seems its a procedure they follow if they doubt something. See my post on this issue in the immigration forum: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258366

I had applied under the 136 visa sub-class.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

This does sound worrying.Do you mind if I ask when you sent in your main application.WERE you pre- april 14th deadline when the points changed?
Old Oct 7th 2004, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
This does sound worrying.Do you mind if I ask when you sent in your main application.WERE you pre- april 14th deadline when the points changed?
We applied 1st June and are skilled designated sponsered so the points scoring doesnt come into effect for us thats whats the confusing part.
By the way I think you have the same occuppation as myself.
Now you have really got me worried?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.