Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Request for more info with Acknowledgement letter.

Request for more info with Acknowledgement letter.

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyonthemove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Request for more info with Acknowledgement letter.

I received an Acknowledgement letter for my Fiance Visa on friday requesting some extra info from the RAF. Does anybody know if it is normal for AHC to ask for everything they need in one go or might they ask for more info about something else once they've received this stuff? Surely they can't be that pedantic... Can they???
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 8:07 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Request for more info with Acknowledgement letter.

Hiya Tony,

our acknowledgement letter also asked for my wifes Uk police check. This makes it read realy funny.

ying to say that as long as you provide what they ask for you will be in

It's the way they write it using standard letters and then adding bits in that makes them confusing.

Bye
Mark
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Mark, that's really good to know. Hopefully not long now until the begins in earnest...
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 8:20 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Tonyonthemove
Cheers Mark, that's really good to know. Hopefully not long now until the begins in earnest...
About a month in total

Bye
Mark
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Was that a month from when you first applied or a month including the request for extra info? What type of visa did you get?

Getting off the subject slightly where do you normally go diving? We're heading for Perth and I was wondering if there's anywhere good. Have done Navy Pier at Exmouth and the HMAS Swan at Dunnsborough on the west but need somwehere a tad closer. This is probably a whole new thread. Oh well..

Thanks again,
Tony
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 8:30 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

I received an Acknowledgement letter for my Fiance Visa on friday requesting some extra info from the RAF. Does anybody know if it is normal for AHC to ask for everything they need in one go or might they ask for more info about something else once they've received this stuff? Surely they can't be that pedantic... Can they???

Hi, I got a request for more info and posted it on 5th May, since then I've heard nothing so I'm assuming (hoping!) that they're processing my visa

Cheers
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 8:31 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

They only asked for medicals and a police clearance when my wife got her acknowledgement. She'd been married previously too, but we documented that pretty well.

Mind you, this is for a spouse visa.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 10:09 pm
PommieLeague

I was asked a week ago to fill in a 'Knowledgement of Understanding' form which basically states that as i have 2 children who arent migrating that they would have automatic entry to Oz as i would once the visa is approved,to me it seemed a good sign things are on there way!

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 11:50 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Request...

They asked for everthing they needed from me in one letter. (Also did a fiance visa)
Once all of it was in (within a few days) I received the request for passports.

I suppose if they forgot something really important they could ask for more, but it's usually covered in that first request.
They go through the file and go 'Right, here's everything that's missing to make this application complete"

Or so the agent told me...