Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Request fro Medicals

Request fro Medicals

Old Dec 22nd 2003, 1:22 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Request fro Medicals

I'm sure that this has been covered before, bit I'm snowed under at work today. I received the request for medicals & police check this morning. Is this pre-grant?. I've booked the medicals & x-rays on the 31st December with the panel doctors in Brighton (£400 for all three of us). Has anyone used these doctors before?. I'll drop the forms in at the police station in Caterham this evening, how long does this check take?, I've seen 40 days quoted before. Any help will be appreciated.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

PeterAndSue is an unknown quantity at this point

The police checks and medicals are not the pre-grant.
The results of the above will determine a pre-grant/grant.

The Police checks, keep tabs on the progress , after a couple of weeks if you phone up they may send them out straight away.
They did with us.

good luck.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Request fro Medicals

Hi,

Congrats! When did you apply? It isn't the pre-grant, but IMO it means that you are basically assessed against the criteria and this is the final steps. You could obviously still be turned down if your character references and medicals called anything into question.

We had our meds done in Herts, so can't help on how the Brighton docs are. The Meds are not too bad, nothing too scary. The PCC's seem to be coming through quicker now than a few months ago, but they still quote the 40 days. We applied for some back in April and I think they took about 3 weeks.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 1:48 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rudy
Hi,

Congrats! When did you apply? It isn't the pre-grant, but IMO it means that you are basically assessed against the criteria and this is the final steps. You could obviously still be turned down if your character references and medicals called anything into question.

We had our meds done in Herts, so can't help on how the Brighton docs are. The Meds are not too bad, nothing too scary. The PCC's seem to be coming through quicker now than a few months ago, but they still quote the 40 days. We applied for some back in April and I think they took about 3 weeks.
Thanks for the info, our application was lodged at the end of March, so it has taken about 9 months, a bit shorter that expected.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Amazulu
Thanks for the info, our application was lodged at the end of March, so it has taken about 9 months, a bit shorter that expected.
Ah well that gives us some hope ....

Our app was acknowledged 3rd March, and we had meds done in September unrequested. Maybe they will pick up our file sometime soon .............

I thought they had all gone off for Christmas already, its been so quiet.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 2:10 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

When we asked for our police checks we were told it would take 40 days.They were returned within a couple of weeks.
It was a concern as DIMIA wanted things returned within 49 days and this would be over the Christmas period.
We also emailed DIMIA and they replied that things would be Ok.
In the event there was no problem.
Good luck
G.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 8:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Got my police check last week; took a week! They are pretty quiet at this time of year, so cross your fingers and watch the post!

I used the Brighton doctor - pretty delapidated premises, but the doctor himself was very good; very basic medical, he just zipped through the form and made sure all my joints worked! No breast exam, so you may get away without the old "cough and drop" !
Blood test took 3 days to come back; funniest bit was they insisted on weighing me with all my clothes on (and boots!). We spent more time discussing why I was emigrating than we spent on the medical itself!!
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 9:12 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally posted by Pollyana
Got my police check last week; took a week! They are pretty quiet at this time of year, so cross your fingers and watch the post!

I used the Brighton doctor - pretty delapidated premises, but the doctor himself was very good; very basic medical, he just zipped through the form and made sure all my joints worked! No breast exam, so you may get away without the old "cough and drop" !
Blood test took 3 days to come back; funniest bit was they insisted on weighing me with all my clothes on (and boots!). We spent more time discussing why I was emigrating than we spent on the medical itself!!
Thanks for the info, did you use the x-ray people in Brighton as well?. I went down to the police station in Caterham this evening to drop off our forms & it was closed!, even though it is supposed to stay open till 8pm. I drove through to Reigate & did it there (closes at 10pm). I'd hate to try & find an open police station in an emergency at 2 in the morning.