Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Republic Republic Republic !!!

View Poll Results: Monarchy or Republic.....Whaddya Reckon??
Monarchy
51.16%
Republic
48.84%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Republic Republic Republic !!!

Old Jun 25th 2003, 5:21 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Republic Republic Republic !!!

Probably been covered before...just interested in everyones opinion..

Who reckons Aus should become a republic? I'd especially be interested in hearing opinions from the aussies on here...

I've never been much of a royalist personally. As far as i can see the only thing they are good for is pulling in the tourist money.

Thoughts anyone??

And don't forget to tell us why!!!

Last edited by PeteY; Jun 25th 2003 at 5:24 pm.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 5:33 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Republic, unless Dame Edna can ascend to the throne.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 5:34 pm
Badge

Monarchy.

Aus gets the Queen's Birthday off - which we in the UK don't!!!

To be fair we get May Day etc.

Old Jun 25th 2003, 5:37 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by badgersmount
Monarchy.

Aus gets the Queen's Birthday off - which we in the UK don't!!!

To be fair we get May Day etc.
Sorry Badger, this is not a good enough reason, and is based on selfishness, so take it back right now.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 5:42 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by chippy
Republic, unless Dame Edna can ascend to the throne.
Erm....your kidding right? I would prefer Sir Les P meself
Old Jun 25th 2003, 5:47 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Republic Republic Republic !!!

Originally posted by PeteY
Probably been covered before...just interested in everyones opinion..

Who reckons Aus should become a republic? I'd especially be interested in hearing opinions from the aussies on here...

I've never been much of a royalist personally. As far as i can see the only thing they are good for is pulling in the tourist money.

Thoughts anyone??

And don't forget to tell us why!!!
Anti royal, especially after the queen had her "Annus Horribilus" when Charles and Diane were splitting up. Why the ***k can't she speak in plain english, and does anyone think the privaledged **** has ever had a bad year?

Slater
Old Jun 25th 2003, 6:15 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by Slater
Anti royal, especially after the queen had her "Annus Horribilus" when Charles and Diane were splitting up. Why the ***k can't she speak in plain english, and does anyone think the privaledged **** has ever had a bad year?

Slater
I've noticed this about you Slater...you do tend to beat around the bush a bit. Say what you mean for christs sake.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 7:16 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Republic, definitely. They’ve never done a thing for us while we’ve been here, so I can’t see what they’ll do while we’re 10,000 miles away. They’re certainly not living in the real world, never have done. Just look how they live, too eccentric for me!

Attached picture removed by moderator
Old Jun 25th 2003, 8:38 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Republic, definitely. They’ve never done a thing for us while we’ve been here, so I can’t see what they’ll do while we’re 10,000 miles away. They’re certainly not living in the real world, never have done. Just look how they live, too eccentric for me!
Nice one Steve. She's actually quite fanciable don't you think. :scared:
Old Jun 26th 2003, 1:42 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by chippy
I've noticed this about you Slater...you do tend to beat around the bush a bit. Say what you mean for christs sake.
I'm practising to be a politician, inspired by Anne Whiddicombe a surfers dream, slap her arse and you can ride the waves for hours.

Slater
Old Jun 27th 2003, 2:04 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

It's been covered before, PB is a royalist - I'll kick this up to the top so he can drool over the picture

Queens Birthday holiday here in Brisbane some people are calling for it to be changed to "family day"

May day - we have too in Queensland but it's called "labour day" it was on the 5th of May - not sure if all the other states get a holiday for this one - a lot of the holiday dates differ from state to state, except for the major ones like Christmas etc of course.

Not that I have a vote in Aus , I'm not a citizen - But if I had the vote, I'd vote Republic of course.

Anyway "they" had their chance and blew it here - the voting system was totally screwed, but least they had the chance to get rid of the scrounging Royals which is more than I can say for the people in Britain.

Please don't post another photo's like that - they're bad enough with their clothes on -I'm about to eat my lunch.

As for the Aussie opinion - None of my Australian friends or colleagues are royalists - they're republicans. obviously there must be Royalists here but I've yet to personally meet one, perhaps "people" don't like to admit it that they're a closet Royalist.

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 27th 2003 at 3:01 am.
Old Jun 27th 2003, 2:09 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ceri
It's been covered before, PB is a royalist - I'll kick this up to the top so he can drool over the picture

cheers
Well I thought the picture was offensive to all women , but I must be old fashioned.
The vote in Australia proved even Pom haters love Betty.

Old Jun 27th 2003, 2:32 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Well I thought the picture was offensive to all women

Not really - I always thought of the "women" in that family to be hermaphrodites - explains the inbred sickly look

cheers
Old Jun 27th 2003, 3:00 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ceri
Not really - I always thought of the "women" in that family to be hermaphrodites - explains the inbred sickly look

cheers
Well I just hope the kind of sick stuff that gets passed around on Email does not find its way onto a forum used by Families.
The royals are humans and I am sure inbreding was the only way to go in early Australia , as most of the cons were men.

Old Jun 27th 2003, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

jah4reds is on a distinguished road

Republic - Australia (or any country for that matter) doesn't need a Royal Family.

But before Australia becomes a republic, it will have to invent a better alternative than that crazy system this government dreamt up before the last referendum - would have effectively made John Howard a cross between emperor and president.

So until that's sorted out - it would better to keep the Queen, Prince Philip (aka Mad Hatter) and her Tea Party entourage.

AndyH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.