Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Report on Golden Arrow Shippers

Report on Golden Arrow Shippers

Old Jun 9th 2004, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Report on Golden Arrow Shippers

As promised . Golden Arrow 01588 680240

I have been over to the offices of Golden Arrow today to take a look at the facilities etc for when our animals go there, prior to flying out.

Chris and his wife are great. They spent about an hour with us and answered all our questions.

We were then shown the containers the animals travel in. They are very spacious and are open wired at both ends. They also have a water container.

The kennel block and the cattery were both spotlessly clean and the animals there seemed fine. It is not a large business, there are about a dozen kennels and six cattery spaces. Chris's wife looks after all the animals and you can tell that she really cares about them.

Golden Arrow are situated well in the Shropshire countryside, overlooking a lake, and have a large fenced grass area where the dogs are exercised. In fact we had taken our dogs with us and they spent most of their time playing in this area.

Chris explained to us the whole procedure and I left there feeling very impressed by what I had seen.

QUESTIONS ANSWERED (I HOPE)

From Little Miss C

Hi Sharon
I have a dog who is just over 15 years old, (although always been pretty healthy) can you ask them if they have had many dogs of this age travel to Oz, we really don't want to leave him, but on the other hand we would want anything to happen to him during the flight. Also he makes a hell of a racket when hes shut up for long periods!
Thanks

Hi Sharon,

I also have a labxGSD aged 10yrs. So would also be intrested to hear about 'mature' dog travel.

Also can they supply the boxes before departure, to try the dog with at home? If so how would they get the box to me? And also do they do pick up's to take the dog to heathrow, as I live in Southampton, and they are based in shropshire?

Is kennel fee's at heathrow included in their costs?

Sorry about all the questions.

Many thanks

Sarbear

My dog is 14 years old so I too was concerned about her travelling. Chris assured me that they have shipped many elderly dogs and cats and that the animals seem to cope very well. I got the impression that Chris's wife spoils then. Idont think there would be any kennel fees at Heathrow as they take the animals down on the day of the flight. They are taken into animal control until it is time to go in their travelling boxes. I dont know if they collect.

Hi

We are planning to take our 3 year old border collie "jacob" to Sydney with us but I am a bit worried that he will get very stressed.. We have owned him now for the last 2 years but previous to that he had been rehomed 5 times.....

Worried that we may be putting him through too much.. Could you please ask about this for me!! Is there anything we can do to make his trip less stressful...

Thanks

Sam & Andy

I think that it would be worth contacting them regarding Jacob, but there was a border collie there today so they are obviously used to them.

Last edited by Pasquill; Jun 9th 2004 at 2:43 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 1:24 pm
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not taking any animals (as I dont have any), but hats off to you for letting those that are, know of your visit and feelings.

Good skills me thinks

Old Jun 9th 2004, 2:05 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Pasquill,

Thanks for the post.

Can you give me the telephone number and postal address of Golden Arrow and a rough idea where they are in Shropshire, nearest town or large village.

We are taking our Weimeraner dog to Brisbane and I want to know if it is more cost effective to drive her from Ireland to Shropshire via ferry, or by plane to Heathrow and get Airpets to look after her onward transit.

Many thanks.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 3:18 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Report on Golden Arrow Shippers

Pasquill,

Thanks for the update, looks like we'll be using Golden Arrow!!

D D
Old Jun 9th 2004, 3:23 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Irishmolly

Think this is correct:

Golden Arrow Shippers
Horsford Kennels
Lydbur North
Shropshire
SY7 8DY

Tel: 01588 680240

Put the postcode into www.mapblast.co.uk and it'll tell you exactly where it is.

D D
Old Jun 9th 2004, 3:23 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

my dog...jack russell was almost 13 yrs old when we brought her. she was absolutely fine and settled very well into her new life here!!!

i used golden arrow shippers and cant praise them enough. we lived near leeds and they met us at manchester airport freight terminal. the bloke was bringing an animal for its flight so took our dog back with him to their kennels. she stayed there for a few days to prepare for the flight. they then took her back to manchester airport for her flight ..i think that was 3 days later.

very worrying time for me though while she was in the air etc...glad when i knew she had arrived ok!
Old Jun 9th 2004, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

dave.t is an unknown quantity at this point

Daves wife here.....

Thank you so much for putting this post on here. Our cat is flying out with Golden Arrow on the 1/7 and I was worried as he is staying with Golden Arrow in their cattery for two weeks prior to flying.

Thank-you once again for putting my mind at rest.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 4:12 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

D D - thanks for info !
Old Jun 9th 2004, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

We were very pleased with Golden Arrow too and the same with the quarantine kennels in Perth.

Whisky
Old Jun 10th 2004, 3:58 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pasquill
As promised . Golden Arrow 01588 680240

I have been over to the offices of Golden Arrow today to take a look at the facilities etc for when our animals go there, prior to flying out.

Chris and his wife are great. They spent about an hour with us and answered all our questions.

We were then shown the containers the animals travel in. They are very spacious and are open wired at both ends. They also have a water container.

The kennel block and the cattery were both spotlessly clean and the animals there seemed fine. It is not a large business, there are about a dozen kennels and six cattery spaces. Chris's wife looks after all the animals and you can tell that she really cares about them.

Golden Arrow are situated well in the Shropshire countryside, overlooking a lake, and have a large fenced grass area where the dogs are exercised. In fact we had taken our dogs with us and they spent most of their time playing in this area.

Chris explained to us the whole procedure and I left there feeling very impressed by what I had seen.

QUESTIONS ANSWERED (I HOPE)

From Little Miss C

Hi Sharon
I have a dog who is just over 15 years old, (although always been pretty healthy) can you ask them if they have had many dogs of this age travel to Oz, we really don't want to leave him, but on the other hand we would want anything to happen to him during the flight. Also he makes a hell of a racket when hes shut up for long periods!
Thanks

Hi Sharon,

I also have a labxGSD aged 10yrs. So would also be intrested to hear about 'mature' dog travel.

Also can they supply the boxes before departure, to try the dog with at home? If so how would they get the box to me? And also do they do pick up's to take the dog to heathrow, as I live in Southampton, and they are based in shropshire?

Is kennel fee's at heathrow included in their costs?

Sorry about all the questions.

Many thanks

Sarbear

My dog is 14 years old so I too was concerned about her travelling. Chris assured me that they have shipped many elderly dogs and cats and that the animals seem to cope very well. I got the impression that Chris's wife spoils then. Idont think there would be any kennel fees at Heathrow as they take the animals down on the day of the flight. They are taken into animal control until it is time to go in their travelling boxes. I dont know if they collect.

Hi

We are planning to take our 3 year old border collie "jacob" to Sydney with us but I am a bit worried that he will get very stressed.. We have owned him now for the last 2 years but previous to that he had been rehomed 5 times.....

Worried that we may be putting him through too much.. Could you please ask about this for me!! Is there anything we can do to make his trip less stressful...

Thanks

Sam & Andy

I think that it would be worth contacting them regarding Jacob, but there was a border collie there today so they are obviously used to them.
hi pasquill

good post.

I know this might sound like a silly question but do they keep your dogs diet the same (can you bring a supply) or do they feed them their own food? Cos just thinking with all of the stress a change in diet wouldnt help???

Does someone nice meet them when they arrive at their desination?

thanks

laura
x
Old Aug 26th 2004, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Sorry for the delay in replying but things have been very hectic since we arrived.

The dogs and cats came out of quarantine (Sydney) on the 4th August and they are all great.

Golden Arrow had made them all large crates with water containers and plenty of paper bedding. The aminals were all fit and healthy and have settled amazingly well into thier new surroundings.

We have brought a house on 2 and a half acres so they have plenty of exercise.

Once again, we cannot stress how pleased we were with Golden Arrow shippers.

Sharon