Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Reply from state government re recent issues!

Reply from state government re recent issues!

Old Mar 30th 2007, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Reply from state government re recent issues!

Most of you probably saw my recent thread about the hassles we've had trying to get my husband sorted out with TAFE and stuff to get his electrical licence and the whole apprenticeship nightmare (so I shant repeat myself!).

Well, I sent a fax to our Premier Alan Carpenter about it all as I really do wonder whether the powers that be have any idea how many hoops people have to jump through when they get here and the length of time it takes for stuff to be done and approved so people can work in their chosen profession.

Anyway, I've had a reply and apparent Mark McGowan (Minister for Education & Training) is looking into it.

OK, probably wont help us much but at least it might make them aware of all the red tape and, in our case, the impossibility of getting things sorted and who knows, maybe it might help someone else that arrives in a similar position.

I have also been speaking to a lovely guy at the Overseas Qualifications Unit who used to work for the Apprentice Support Network and he has been in contact with a woman at the Chamber of Commerce & Industry (who was my husband's apprentice company!) as she is researching difficulties that new migrants have in obtaining recognition of their skills etc. so again, maybe some good will come of that.

Just thought I'd update all of you who took the time to reply to my thread and will let you know if anything comes of it all.

Old Mar 30th 2007, 1:55 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reply from state government re recent issues!

Good luck...!