Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Repeat medical - help needed !!!!!!!!!!

Repeat medical - help needed !!!!!!!!!!

Old Nov 28th 2004, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Repeat medical - help needed !!!!!!!!!!

I have just had an email from DIMIA saying that they want me to have another CxR and urine sample and Creatinine levels repeated.

Can any general trained nurses give me some idea what they might be looking for (I'm a lowly psychy nurse!)

I'm in a panic now - I booked a flight for the 10th of Jan, based on the fact that the Panel Doctor said everything was fine!

Cas
Old Nov 28th 2004, 11:54 pm
scoobydoo

Default Re: Repeat medical - help needed !!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I have just had an email from DIMIA saying that they want me to have another CxR and urine sample and Creatinine levels repeated.

Can any general trained nurses give me some idea what they might be looking for (I'm a lowly psychy nurse!)

I'm in a panic now - I booked a flight for the 10th of Jan, based on the fact that the Panel Doctor said everything was fine!

Cas

Creatinine is filtered out of the blood by your kidneys - indications of kidney problems are low levels of creatinine in your urine and higher levels in your blood.
Strenuous excersise and eating a lot of protein/meat may increase creatinine levels.

Don't panic, eat a healthy diet and avoid anything too strenuous before the sample is taken!!

Good luck with the CXR, do they not give you any indication of why they want a repeat?

Old Nov 28th 2004, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Cas
I can only repeat what I said earlier about having fingers and everything else crossed that this just routine. Best wishes Cas and I hope and pray for a positive outcome.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scoobydoo
Creatinine is filtered out of the blood by your kidneys - indications of kidney problems are low levels of creatinine in your urine and higher levels in your blood.
Strenuous excersise and eating a lot of protein/meat may increase creatinine levels.

Don't panic, eat a healthy diet and avoid anything too strenuous before the sample is taken!!

Good luck with the CXR, do they not give you any indication of why they want a repeat?

No indication from DIMIA at all why they want these repeated - I have just emailed them asking for more info.
Cas
Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:09 am
scoobydoo

No indication from DIMIA at all why they want these repeated - I have just emailed them asking for more info.
Cas

Fingers and toes crossed for you - hope they reply soon. x

Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

hi cas, just chatted to one of our docs, thinks its just a system whereby someone is picked out the bag for extra screening. as said previously, eat meat and relax before the urine samples, as stress can effect the results too, our doc thinks youve nothing to worry about, they are just being cautious and unfortunetly your name got pulled out of the bag so to speak.
your gp would have told you if your cxr wasnt acceptable and that goes the same for your urine sample, they normally tell you if this is normal and if im right, you said he told you all was fine, which indicates that our doc is correct in thinking it is purely extra screening.
try not to worry honey, when have you arranged this for?
Trish
xx
Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jimtrish
hi cas, just chatted to one of our docs, thinks its just a system whereby someone is picked out the bag for extra screening. as said previously, eat meat and relax before the urine samples, as stress can effect the results too, our doc thinks youve nothing to worry about, they are just being cautious and unfortunetly your name got pulled out of the bag so to speak.
your gp would have told you if your cxr wasnt acceptable and that goes the same for your urine sample, they normally tell you if this is normal and if im right, you said he told you all was fine, which indicates that our doc is correct in thinking it is purely extra screening.
try not to worry honey, when have you arranged this for?
Trish
xx
I'm phoning Doc and Hosp tomorrow morning first thing for appointment - I'll try to appeal to their better natures for an appointment ASAP.
Only JUST found out all this by email.
You say stress raises Creatinine levels - well they must be sky-high now!!
If it is a case of picking name out of a bag, then they are damn cruel considering they now know my potential flight date.
Cas

Cas
Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:36 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

oh you poor thing cas....
hope all goes well
keep us posted
Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:37 am
Cotswolds to Perth

Fremantleraider will become famous soon enough

I'm phoning Doc and Hosp tomorrow morning first thing for appointment - I'll try to appeal to their better natures for an appointment ASAP.
If it is a case of picking name out of a bag, then they are damn cruel considering they now know my potential flight date.
Cas

Cas
Best of luck with the re-take!

You will be fine

FremantleRaider
Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Cas

Cas
you will be fine mate, honest. hopefully you will get some answers tomorrow that will put your mind at ease. so dimia are aware youve booked the flights etc? trouble is they will say that they dont encourage you to book flights until youve got the visa.
they are abit naughty though arent they, emailing you this late in the process.
if i find out anymore that can help you i will let you know.
chat tomorrow

Trish
xx
Old Nov 29th 2004, 2:03 am
Account Closed

Just had another email from DIMIA - they said it was a request from Clearance Centre because I'm a nurse - what do you think about that - seems a bit drastic at this late stage - either something is wrong or it's not surely?
Old Nov 29th 2004, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Just had another email from DIMIA - they said it was a request from Clearance Centre because I'm a nurse - what do you think about that - seems a bit drastic at this late stage - either something is wrong or it's not surely?

just makes me more convinced that its a screening ,i suppose they are just being more vigilant due to what we nurses get ourselves in contact with.
dont worry mate, you will be fine.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Good luck Kas, let us know how you get on.
Sue
Old Nov 29th 2004, 10:23 am
Account Closed

Bit of an update about the situation which is turning from a nightmare into a farce.

I just phoned up the Consultant Radiologist to make another appointment for my repeat CxR. He said that there was no need for another one as the former one had come out well, and was clear - no problems detected at all.
He also said that he is not happy to give me another one due to the risk posed by excess radiation. If DIMIA still insist, then he will do it, but wants them to contact him, giving reasons..........and he is on holiday till next week as of tomorrow!

Give me strength !!!
Cas
Old Nov 29th 2004, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bit of an update about the situation which is turning from a nightmare into a farce.

I just phoned up the Consultant Radiologist to make another appointment for my repeat CxR. He said that there was no need for another one as the former one had come out well, and was clear - no problems detected at all.
He also said that he is not happy to give me another one due to the risk posed by excess radiation. If DIMIA still insist, then he will do it, but wants them to contact him, giving reasons..........and he is on holiday till next week as of tomorrow!

Give me strength !!!
Cas

its rediculous cas, have you informed dimia of this, actually dont know why im writing this as i will chat to you in a few hours! but any how, just wanted to show a wee bit of support.
Trish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.