Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

repatriation insurance

repatriation insurance

Old Sep 5th 2008, 1:41 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default repatriation insurance

Has anyone taken this out.

The policy we have seen is £150 annually for a couple or £105 for a single holder. It provides flight and accommodation should you need to get back quickly for health problems of family back in UK.

Our parents and grandparents have medical issues and are getting on so not sure if its a good idea.

Has anyone any experience of this kind of insurance or thinks the quote is to much.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

kaye
Old Sep 5th 2008, 1:50 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: repatriation insurance

Originally Posted by wardy2
Has anyone taken this out.

The policy we have seen is £150 annually for a couple or £105 for a single holder. It provides flight and accommodation should you need to get back quickly for health problems of family back in UK.

Our parents and grandparents have medical issues and are getting on so not sure if its a good idea.

Has anyone any experience of this kind of insurance or thinks the quote is to much.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

kaye
My ex wife had it years ago.
Personally I never thought it was worth it. That quote sounds good but read the fine print. My view was if anything happened, you'd want to go irrespective of the Drs statement. So in all liklihood you'd go anyway regardless of insurance.
Howevere if you can't keep enough for a flight tucked away then I guess this may be appropriate.

Check the coverage though.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 1:55 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks I think you are right we would go back regardless.

Just been reading through it again and see it excludes pre existing conditions for 2 years If there has been no further medical consultations, treatments, surgery or follow-ups thereafter, the medical condition is covered.

They will cover with pre existing but I guess at significantly more.

Guess I will just have to keep the slush fund in case of emergencies
Old Sep 5th 2008, 2:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
Thanks I think you are right we would go back regardless.

Just been reading through it again and see it excludes pre existing conditions for 2 years If there has been no further medical consultations, treatments, surgery or follow-ups thereafter, the medical condition is covered.

They will cover with pre existing but I guess at significantly more.

Guess I will just have to keep the slush fund in case of emergencies
Its been discussed on here a couple of times, and from what I remeber you are better just keeping that slush fund. If an insurance company can find a reason not to pay, then they will.

Personally, this just smacks of an appeal about one of the things we all fear happening. Trust me, when the day comes that you need that urgent trip back you don't want to be reading small print and ringing them to see if you are covered, you just want to be able to take the money from the slush fund and go asap. You will have enough on your mind without thinking about small print.

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 5th 2008 at 2:42 pm.