Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is this Rep trying to con me?

Is this Rep trying to con me?

Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:57 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Is this Rep trying to con me?

I had a Rep from Harcourts real estate give me a quote 3 weeks ago to sell my house here in Perth. He quoted me $8,800inc gst. We were happy with the quote and thought he was a good salesman, just what we need in this dire market. So we said yes.
He was going to come back to do the contract, which he did the following week. He asked us again how much he quoted us, we said $8,800. So the contract was done, all signed etc.
He even rang me on Friday to say a couple ready to buy wanted to view my house (before it was even on the net or paperwork done), so they came to look at the house that afternoon. They came for a second viewing the next day...but then decided to build
Anyway, the rep came yesterday with a photographer to do all the glossy photo's ready for the adverts and home opens this weekend.
Then an hour ago he turned up on my doorstep saying he needed the old contract back as it was all written on old, out of date paperwork and needed to do the contract again on a new batch he had received. Thinking nothing of it, i gave him the comtract and he produced the new one with a quotation to sell my house for 11K instead of the $8,800.
He then accused me of lying saying he never said he would sell my house for $8,800...his quote was 11K But he's lying, i can't believe it.
I said i wouldn't sign the new contract as that was not his original quote. So he got his stuff and left.
WTF was all that about? I am gob-smacked. He didn't even try to compromise. I am dumbfounded!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:04 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this Rep trying to con me?

Why don't you give Bobcat a call? I've heard really good things about him. I'll PM you his details.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:11 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Why don't you give Bobcat a call? I've heard really good things about him. I'll PM you his details.
Bobcat came round and quoted me already. We decided to use someone who had shops like David Evans. I just think it's strange he wanted the original contract back, something very fishy going on. I wasn't vunerable enough to sign a newdeal, maybe i called his bluff. But i'm not getting conned into that way of of business.
I just have to start the whole process over again
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:13 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Bobcat came round and quoted me already. We decided to use someone who had shops like David Evans. I just think it's strange he wanted the original contract back, something very fishy going on. I wasn't vunerable enough to sign a newdeal, maybe i called his bluff. But i'm not getting conned into that way of of business.
I just have to start the whole process over again
Oh, we looked at a house through David Evans here in our suburb. What a bunch of wankers!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Oh, we looked at a house through David Evans here in our suburb. What a bunch of wankers!
LOL, we took it off with David Evans, the rep wasn't as good as we thought, but the market is abit dead, so i suppose it can't be helped.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:29 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

I had a Rep from Harcourts real estate give me a quote 3 weeks ago to sell my house here in Perth. He quoted me $8,800inc gst. We were happy with the quote and thought he was a good salesman, just what we need in this dire market. So we said yes.
He was going to come back to do the contract, which he did the following week. He asked us again how much he quoted us, we said $8,800. So the contract was done, all signed etc.
He even rang me on Friday to say a couple ready to buy wanted to view my house (before it was even on the net or paperwork done), so they came to look at the house that afternoon. They came for a second viewing the next day...but then decided to build
Anyway, the rep came yesterday with a photographer to do all the glossy photo's ready for the adverts and home opens this weekend.
Then an hour ago he turned up on my doorstep saying he needed the old contract back as it was all written on old, out of date paperwork and needed to do the contract again on a new batch he had received. Thinking nothing of it, i gave him the comtract and he produced the new one with a quotation to sell my house for 11K instead of the $8,800.
He then accused me of lying saying he never said he would sell my house for $8,800...his quote was 11K But he's lying, i can't believe it.
I said i wouldn't sign the new contract as that was not his original quote. So he got his stuff and left.
WTF was all that about? I am gob-smacked. He didn't even try to compromise. I am dumbfounded!

I don't know if it will help but, have you contacted the REIWA about the actions of the agent? They maybe able to mediate or advise. I have include a link to their Code of Conduct, and from your statement the agent may have breached some of the codes, specifically #5. Contact details for REIWA are on the site.
http://reiwa.com/inf/inf-CodeOfConduct-Display.cfm
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Bloke
I don't know if it will help but, have you contacted the REIWA about the actions of the agent? They maybe able to mediate or advise. I have include a link to their Code of Conduct, and from your statement the agent may have breached some of the codes, specifically #5. Contact details for REIWA are on the site.
http://reiwa.com/inf/inf-CodeOfConduct-Display.cfm
Thankyou for that, i have looked at the site and i will ring them in the morning. I just want to know why and how he can do this. I have no proof now though, he took the old contract with him. How can he say he didn't quote us $8,800 when it was in the original contract, he knew what he signed. Unbelievable.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:51 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou for that, i have looked at the site and i will ring them in the morning. I just want to know why and how he can do this. I have no proof now though, he took the old contract with him. How can he say he didn't quote us $8,800 when it was in the original contract, he knew what he signed. Unbelievable.
Herein the lesson, photocopy everything or demand they provide you a signed copy as well as original. Polly photocopies every document we get from the agents.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Herein the lesson, photocopy everything or demand they provide you a signed copy as well as original. Polly photocopies every document we get from the agents.
God how i have learnt a lesson in this game. I will never trust an EA again. I have no chance with no proof, but he made out it was no good either way, he never mentioned any new figures until the last minute, he knew what he was doing. Argh!!!!!!