Reload this Page >

renting without job

renting without job

Old Aug 23rd 2003, 3:36 pm
Go Cubs!!

Garazy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default renting without job

Hello,

Has anyone had any experience of renting a flat in central sydney without a job? I am looking at renting a flat for around $350 a week. I will be able to get references from previous land lords here in the UK as well as bank statements showing sufficient funds.

Has anyone had experience with this? Do they know if it is a problem for rental agencies?

Gary
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont know about Sydney but here in Perth we have rented apartment for 3 months no jobs just had to show passport. ! Had no references or anything. Didnt even give Oz bnk details.
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by karawara88
Dont know about Sydney but here in Perth we have rented apartment for 3 months no jobs just had to show passport. ! Had no references or anything. Didnt even give Oz bnk details.

Hope you don't mind me being nosey Karawara, but what are the rental prices like in Perth and surrounding areas?

Whisky
Old Aug 24th 2003, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Whisky, if you look up the REIWA site on the internet (Real Estate Institute of WA) it gives you the median rental price for a whole host of WA suburbs, and a whole lot of other very useful information too. adelaidegirl
Old Aug 24th 2003, 9:07 am
owieb

Originally posted by whisky
Hope you don't mind me being nosey Karawara, but what are the rental prices like in Perth and surrounding areas?

Whisky
We've rented a couple of properties in the Hillarys area, about 20mins North of Perth and 700m from the beach.

We were paying $320 per week for our first place which was a 3x2, brand new home, quiet cul-de-sac, but no ducted aircon so it was really hot in the summer upstairs and freezing in the winter.

We're now renting in the next street back, paying $340 per week for a much bigger property, still 3x2, but with reverse cycle ducted aircon and a bigger outdoor area.

Old Aug 24th 2003, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Whisky, it all depends what you want, what area etc, take a look at http://www.movingdownunder.co.uk/files/housing.php for links to real estate agents etc. Also link to site mentioned above.

There are loads of rental properties available, houses tend to be not - furnished but apartments plenty are furnished, we are moving to apartment in South Perth - two bedroom, furnished, city/river views secure parking etc. $260 a week, could have got it cheaper without views. Also only took it on for 3 months with 2 weeks notice clause.

Dont forget to add bond, stamp duty etc, if you have an area in mind let me know and I will give examples from the paper. There are about ten pages of rentals.

Also if anyone wants a copy of real estate (96 pages including rental business etc) or motoring section or jobs pages from a Saturday edition of the west australian, I will post you one, just pay me the postal costs. Jobs pages dont tend to list wages.

Also the information or most of it should be in online newspapers take a look at http://www.movingdownunder.co.uk/files/newspapers.php

Will give you an idea of whats available prices etc.

Any info. I can help with let me know, also if you want to search Ozzie websites use www.google.com.au

Last edited by karawara88; Aug 24th 2003 at 11:11 am.
Old Aug 24th 2003, 2:25 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

We had a rental (Perth) but had to pay three months rent in advance because we didn't have a job.
Old Aug 24th 2003, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

JaneyRay

You must have looked a bit dodgy. !! Only kidding I think it depends which agent you use, we used access realty.

If you explain you are migrants etc etc. you should be OK plus a little blagging helps.
Old Aug 24th 2003, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Karawara and Adelaidegirl, I do look in at the sites you suggest, but was a little concerned that they may be a bit out of date, and prices wrong, from reading on this forum, PB etc was always suggesting that things were a lot higher, and prices going out of control. At least that has put my mind at rest.

Karawara, we would be very interested in any agents that deal in businesses if you come across any. I think there is a good one in Perth, but can't think of the name of it at the moment.
I will try and remember it.

Whisky
Old Aug 24th 2003, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

www.Ljhooker.com list some, royweston, and most of the main real estate agents list some. Website address on my site at www.movingdownunder.co.uk

In paper is mainly franchise stuff.

Could try this site http://perthexchange.com.au/pages/2024.html
Old Aug 25th 2003, 5:40 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

JaneyRay

You must have looked a bit dodgy. !!
We are dodgy!!! Be afraid, be very afraid!!!!!!!!!!!

It was through Elders Real estate.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

www.Ljhooker.com list some, royweston, and most of the main real estate agents list some. Website address on my site at www.movingdownunder.co.uk

In paper is mainly franchise stuff.

Could try this site http://perthexchange.com.au/pages/2024.html

Thanks Karawara, LJ Hooker was the one.

Whisky