Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

renting and shipping question?

renting and shipping question?

Old Aug 29th 2007, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default renting and shipping question?

i have a question when some people moved over to oz,did they arrange for a place to live as in rent out while in uk,or did they go over first and get something and then returned later.
Or just look for something when they got there,also what did they do with there shipping of there stuff.
I know i am a while away from all this and only applying for tra for now then followed by visa,but i have a house here in the uk and would probably plan on shipping some of my stuff,but what or where would you ship it if nowhere to stay.
What did others do there,as that time will come for me i hope and was wondering what they did,ideally i want a new house of build one,but i suppose i need to find out what area and place is best for me,i even dont know the state yet,but pretty sure it will be queensland,brisbane,sunshine coast,gold cost somewhere.
Perth was going to be it cause of my line of work but im sure i can live in queensland and travel for my work,dont want to be doing it all the time anyways,want to get into something else,maybe even work for myself
Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice
Default Re: renting and shipping question?

Hi

Shipping companies do not require that you give the exact delivery address, even when they are removing the goods from your home. They simply want to know the area they will be shipping to and a contact address/number in Australia.

Therefore, a number of tactics are used:

1. Hire a relocation agent who'll sort out a rental home for you before you've got there. The obvious disadvantage is that this service costs.
2. Stay at a serviced apartment for a while, until you can arrange a long term rental. Advantage, you can book this on the web.
3. Use a friend's address, and even stay with them.
4. Some hybrid of the above.

Neil