Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renting in Perth - do they come with washing machines and bbq's?

Renting in Perth - do they come with washing machines and bbq's?

Old Sep 27th 2008, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice
Default Renting in Perth - do they come with washing machines and bbq's?

Hi everyone, we are starting to clean all of our stuff ready for our container and are deciding what to take. Both our bbq and washing machine are not the best so wondering if it is worth the effort of cleaning them up or do most rentals come with these items. We would prefer not to have to buy new in Oz.

Any advice greatly received as always.

MANDS
Old Sep 27th 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all
Default Re: Renting in Perth - do they come with washing machines and bbq's?

Hi Mand

We didnt have washing machine or BBQ in our rental in OZ, I would say either buy new again here in UK especially washing machine as they are expensive in OZ esp front loader,, BBQ`s are very reasonable ID buy that there

GOOD LUCK

Bluekipper
Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:07 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MANDS14
Hi everyone, we are starting to clean all of our stuff ready for our container and are deciding what to take. Both our bbq and washing machine are not the best so wondering if it is worth the effort of cleaning them up or do most rentals come with these items. We would prefer not to have to buy new in Oz.

Any advice greatly received as always.

MANDS

No they dont... Only fully furnished places do and thats rare.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluekipper
Hi Mand

We didnt have washing machine or BBQ in our rental in OZ, I would say either buy new again here in UK especially washing machine as they are expensive in OZ esp front loader,, BBQ`s are very reasonable ID buy that there

GOOD LUCK

Bluekipper
The front loaders i have seen over here are very reasonably priced, Just about the same as the uk if not cheaper. Nearly all the usual brand names like Curry's/Dixons. BBQ's can be cheap but you get what you pay for, some of the bbq's are up to $ 6-7 k. Reasonable prices around $400

John
Old Sep 28th 2008, 4:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
The front loaders i have seen over here are very reasonably priced, Just about the same as the uk if not cheaper. Nearly all the usual brand names like Curry's/Dixons. BBQ's can be cheap but you get what you pay for, some of the bbq's are up to $ 6-7 k. Reasonable prices around $400

John
I think front-loader prices now are a lot more reasonable here pricewise (in relation to earnings) than a few years back. They are also more accepted by Aussies, according to the feedback I got. People thought I was odd for wanting one, but now a lot of Aussies I talk to have them and swear by them
Old Sep 28th 2008, 5:56 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I think front-loader prices now are a lot more reasonable here pricewise (in relation to earnings) than a few years back. They are also more accepted by Aussies, according to the feedback I got. People thought I was odd for wanting one, but now a lot of Aussies I talk to have them and swear by them
Toploaders are great for getting that Aussie outback bloke sleeveless look
Old Sep 28th 2008, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice

Thanks very much for all the replies guys. Looks like we'll bring both then. I'm really looking forward to cleaning that bar-b-q! .....and the bikes, golf clubs, tools, camping equipment, shoes.......oh joy!!!!!!
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Thanks very much for all the replies guys. Looks like we'll bring both then. I'm really looking forward to cleaning that bar-b-q! .....and the bikes, golf clubs, tools, camping equipment, shoes.......oh joy!!!!!!
Bring as much as you can cram on the container......buying everything new will cost you a small fortune!
Old Sep 28th 2008, 12:15 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Bring as much as you can cram on the container......buying everything new will cost you a small fortune!
Agree.. Bring everything you can get in the container.
Make you do clean the bbq well and cycle tyres (etc) no dirt or mud. If you don't do a good job you could end up paying this end to have it all cleaned. I used Hammerite on the garden tool etc.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks I will. I have been advised by one agent to use Jeyes fluid to clean stuff, another said no it makes the container smell, another said just use soapy water and another said use Bicarbonate of soda! I suppose at the end of the day whatever gets it clean will do!
Old Sep 28th 2008, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Samleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud ofSamleeuk has much to be proud of

With shoes is it just making sure no mud on they, have they got to be pristine??
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

Hi All,

We were told to use Jeyes Fluid, it smells like the devil but the point is the customs people when they open the container can also smell it and are reassured that we have cleaned our stuff properly.

We've been told that we have to do this to all our shoes, trainers, boots etc. We are not taking any gardening tools but we've cleaned (I'm using the royal we as the OH did it) our bikes with Jeyes Fluid.

Back on thread - we've rented and the landlord is leaving the fridge and dishwasher.

Thanks all

M
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:58 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by margy
we've cleaned (I'm using the royal we as the OH did it) our bikes with Jeyes Fluid...
Since I am the OH in question: point one is that it takes a damn sight longer than you think to clean a bike in detail (there are many many obscure bits to polish). And point two is that you can make it a lot easier by putting brand new tyres on just before you store the bikes (and don't ride them at all!).

Cheers
b
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi

If it was me I would bring the washing machine, but unless it is a fantastic bbq, then I would buy a new one here. They are much bigger and we bought a lovely 4 burner hooded one from Bunnings for $199. That is good value. You don't have to spend a fortune, there are much dearer ones but the one we have does the job.

Sarah