Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renting in Perth area from April

Renting in Perth area from April

Old Feb 1st 2006, 7:17 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of
Default Renting in Perth area from April

Hello!

We are coming over in April to start our new life 'Down Under'

We need to rent a house before we decide on an area to settle down in.

Does anyone have any comments or advice on the following?

We want to check out NOR, SOR and the Hills, as we have no idea which we would prefer to settle. (we have only stayed NOR in past - and loved it!).

I am thinking, should we rent a property for say, 2-3 weeks in each area (assuming we can find suitable properties), to give us an idea, OR, simply rent in one area (for say two months) and travel around each area to get an idea?? Do you get a good idea driving around, or is it better to stay in that area for a bit?

Trouble is, we have two small children who may become bored stuck in the car for hours on end.

Be grateful for any ideas, comments etc

Many thanks in advance

Nicola
x
Old Feb 1st 2006, 11:38 pm
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Renting in Perth area from April

Originally Posted by The Vallies
Hello!

We want to check out NOR, SOR and the Hills, as we have no idea which we would prefer to settle. (we have only stayed NOR in past - and loved it!).

I am thinking, should we rent a property for say, 2-3 weeks in each area (assuming we can find suitable properties), to give us an idea, OR, simply rent in one area (for say two months) and travel around each area to get an idea?? Do you get a good idea driving around, or is it better to stay in that area for a bit?

Trouble is, we have two small children who may become bored stuck in the car for hours on end.

Many thanks in advance

Nicola
x
H Nicola, we have a 2 or 3 bedroom cottage in Rockingham (south of Perth)with indoor spa, and outdoor heated spa (fenced off for small children) it is available after 2pm 28/4/06. Check it out on our web page http://members.westnet.com.au/cedarcottage/ . If you have stayed up North before you have a fair idea what it is like, there is the hills area, central Perth and South. Worth looking at all areas as then you have first hand experience. Hope this helps, Suzette at Cedar Cottage.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 1:28 am
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Vallies
Hello!

Many thanks in advance

Nicola
x

Hi Nicola

I would just rent the one place for your first few weeks I can't see much benefit in moving around. Especially the disruption for the children. If you loved the Northern Suburbs then that is where I would rent a place as you know you like it.

We based ourselves NOR when we came and spent the first two weeks just driving around all of the suburbs with one of those free maps you get with your car hire. We crossed out all the suburbs we could not afford to live in to begin with and then as we dismissed suburbs we did not like we just crossed them off the map making the choice smaller.

We where quick to decide we preferred it NOR and as I wanted to be no more than a 30 mins into Perth (where work was) it helped to narrow our selection down even more.

As I live NOR they is the only suburbs have managed to put on my site at the mo but I am working on adding a few more each month if you want to check them out. You will also find a few furnished rentals on the site ( http://www.immigrate-to-a-new-life-i...tal-perth.html ), mainly from other migrants who have chosen to buy an investment property (so they may well be able to share their opinion on areas too).

You do not mention how small your children are but you may be able to find a kindy local to where you stay where you can leave the children while you drive round.

Good luck with the move

Sharon
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 2:10 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say Woohooo!! that you are at the stage of posting this thread!

Not long now. Deep breath. This next few months will be bl**dy hard, but grit your teeth and imagine life on the other side. It will all be worth it once you see the kids in the sea!

Take care and if there's anything I can do to help, just call!

Jules.

P.S We used Poms in Perth last year for our reccie and stayed in their Mandurah house and this time, we had a short term rental in Ocean Reef - lovely lady named Jan owed it. There's also emigreat that I think RT's using and a few others with houses on the forum. If you want their details or anything, send me a PM.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 8:17 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone for your replies and comments - very useful indeed!

We are due to echange on our business in a couple of weeks, and will then book something up.

I think we will try and rent something for a month or two to start with, and then begin having a good ole look around.

Thanks Suzette and Sharon, I will check out those links!

Hi Jules Yes, things are moving at last!! Our new buyers are moving really quickly and are desparet to get in asap, also another gent is on the sidelines should anything fall through - hopefully not.

We have our local shipping company round for a quote this afternoon.

We rented through PIP last time, and were very happy with their house, but will check out the other links also.

Thanks again people!

Nicola
x