Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

renting in perth

Wikiposts

renting in perth

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:29 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: renting in perth

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Has anyone got a link for TEE results please?
http://www.curriculum.wa.edu.au/file...chool_Data.pdf
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:44 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Renth
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Thanks for that Renth
Those tables can be a bit mind-numbing - let me know if you want help deciphering.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by renth
Is St Stephens Carramar any good? We've had our kids on the waiting list about 4 years but don't know many people with kids there
I really wonder if the waiting list actually exists or is just there to make the school seem more popular When we got here in Nov 2006 we put our daughters name on the list to start Feb 2008. They said the list was really long but to try anyway. We never contacted them or chased it up and then come Oct we get a call to say she had a place, thing was we had gone of the school so turned it down. I know quite a lot of people who have come over during the year and got their kids straight in. I personally haven't met anyone who has been turned down.
Tracie
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pscotty
Can anyone help?
we have been in perth for two weeks and have three weeks left on our short term rental. We are looking for long term renting in the woodvale, cuurambine, connolly, tapping areas.
Does anyone have any advice?
also, any advice on where to buy a good used car would be appreciated.
One last thing, does anyone have any advice on good senior schools? We have heard Woodvale,Ocean Reef, Joondalup Baptist and st Stephens are the best in these areas.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
We got ours privately from the West. We got the paper at 7am on Wednesday morning, saw a house, phoned up, viewed at 9am and got a call that evening to say we had it.
Tracie
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

Renting can be hard ..luck of the draw

We used the quokka got ours the same day we viewed
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

scotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura about

Over the last few nights I have been browsing the net, basically just checking out rented accommodation in various suburbs of Perth, I cannot believe how expensive it is just to get something half decent (something that doesn't resemble a tin hut with a kitchen that can fit one person in) for our family.

The prices I have come across are scandalous! I guess it's due to popular demand and greedy landlords.

Are they not any decent areas left where a family can rent for a reasonable amount?

Gilly.

Last edited by scotty 71; Mar 11th 2008 at 9:22 am.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:53 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotty 71
Over the last few nights I have been browsing the net, basically just checking out rented accommodation in various suburbs of Perth, I cannot believe how expensive it is just to get something half decent (something that doesn't resemble a tin hut with a kitchen that can fit one person in) for our family.

The prices I have come across are scandalous! I guess it's due to popular demand and greedy landlords.

Are they not any decent areas left where a family can rent for a reasonable amount?

Gilly.
Plus you'll have to compete with loads of other families for the few decent rentals. I agree, it's scandalous.

It's only going to get worse too:

Perth rents could hit $400 mark by year-end

"A leading property expert predicts tenants could be paying $400 a week for a typical Perth house by the end of the year as a new national report reveals, the city’s rents are increasing at the highest rate in the nation."

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ontentID=62390

Last edited by renth; Mar 11th 2008 at 1:38 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

scotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by renth
Plus you'll have to compete with loads of other families for the few decent rentals. I agree, it's scandalous.

It's only going to get worse too:

Perth rents could hit $400 mark by year-end

"A leading property expert predicts tenants could be paying $400 a week for a typical Perth house by the end of the year as a new national report reveals, the city’s rents are increasing at the highest rate in the nation."

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ontentID=62390

They need to do a recheck, It's already $400 easily, the prices I have come up with so far (and i'm not talking about anything overly fantastic here) are between $400 and $600 and none of them had a pool, not that a pool is on my list of priorities, but at those prices you would have expected one.
In fact like you stated just finding an affordable rental in a decent area is looking like a real battle!

I hate getting ripped off it's one of my pet hates, there's nothing worse than greedy people but as they say what goes up must come down............at some point!

Now I have had a good moan, like only the British know how, I better go to work
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

We have just broken our lease on a rental in Woodvale it is 4 bed round the corner from Woodvale SH School and we were paying $420 a week.It had an open day today and another one on Friday.Just incase anyone is interested!Sue.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

kingy2310 is an unknown quantity at this point

dont know about renting but cars i can help you with. depending on what car you want and how much you want to spend but John Hughes has them all wrapped up. Call Bob Osborn on (08) 9415 0227
He is my wifes uncle and will be able to help you with a good deal.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotty 71
They need to do a recheck, It's already $400 easily, the prices I have come up with so far (and i'm not talking about anything overly fantastic here) are between $400 and $600 and none of them had a pool, not that a pool is on my list of priorities, but at those prices you would have expected one.
In fact like you stated just finding an affordable rental in a decent area is looking like a real battle!

I hate getting ripped off it's one of my pet hates, there's nothing worse than greedy people but as they say what goes up must come down............at some point!

Now I have had a good moan, like only the British know how, I better go to work
It is particularly difficult for new arrivals with no rental or job history in WA.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Market forces don't annoy me so much - I have quite a bit of faith in the market. What really gets me is the distortion of the market by real estate agents who constantly talk the rental market up (or have been since mid 2005) and any agencies which restrict the supply of land.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

No Idea is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm looking at Subiaco....a little tiny house (with no garden) that would fit 1 cup and saucer in, is $850 per week. Unbelievable!!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
It is particularly difficult for new arrivals with no rental or job history in WA.

Yeah I bet!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.