Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renting in Perth

Renting in Perth

Old Feb 4th 2005, 11:52 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future
Default Renting in Perth

Just wondering what info landlords or real estate rental agencies expect for you to provide when applying to rent a place in Perth. I expect that they want references, are they picky about who they rent places out to.

We have had a mortgage for 5 years not sure who can give me a reference, does it have to be a previous landlord? Would evidence of own property help?

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks y'all

Paul
Old Feb 5th 2005, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting in Perth

Originally Posted by gajjitt
Just wondering what info landlords or real estate rental agencies expect for you to provide when applying to rent a place in Perth. I expect that they want references, are they picky about who they rent places out to.

We have had a mortgage for 5 years not sure who can give me a reference, does it have to be a previous landlord? Would evidence of own property help?

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks y'all

Paul
Hi Paul
We didn't need any references but have had a fairly bad experience with our rental, so maybe avoid estate agents who are too keen?
We also owned a house in the Uk and took along photos which we'd taken to sell it, plus you could also maybe speak to your estate agent and see if they will give a reference stating that the property was in good condition when you sold it.
ATB
Larissa
Old Feb 5th 2005, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

capacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to all

My hubby had to prove that he was working and they even called his job for a "character reference". Once they had that they seemed quite comfortable and moved on with the procedure - hence we are currently renting the property that we wanted - and its lovely! - wish they would sell!!
Old Feb 5th 2005, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

If you are looking for long term unfurnished rental try Kirsty at www.primerealty.com.au

We got our rental through her and she was really great.