Renting in oz?

Old Jan 15th 2009, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to all
Default Renting in oz?

will i be able to get a house to rent easy? as you dont take your credit rating with you
Old Jan 15th 2009, 7:53 pm
burleigh chick

holly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really nice
Default Re: Renting in oz?

depends where you are intending to go?
but in general there are plenty of rentals available.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by holly30
brisbane and will they let it to me if i have no credit rating there
Old Jan 15th 2009, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

vickiejaynem will become famous soon enough

there also sites here in UK that do rentals in OZ but they bit pricier it seems. They give you email for person renting it out there.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 7:59 pm
burleigh chick

holly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really nice

Originally Posted by davidb1989
brisbane and will they let it to me if i have no credit rating there
most people that arrive here in oz do not have any credit rating and we all find rentals to start us off.
You will need to give the realestate confirmation of your employment and maybe bank statements from the u.k proving you can afford the rent to start with, many people come over here with no job to start with.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

most people that arrive here in oz do not have any credit rating and we all find rentals to start us off.
You will need to give the realestate confirmation of your employment and maybe bank statements from the u.k proving you can afford the rent to start with, many people come over here with no job to start with.
thanks for your help il bare that in mind
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

daddyoconnor will become famous soon enough

Hi

Am glad to hear you say that, but just a point, not sure if anyone else is with me on this, but I have read loads of Threads about buying and renting in Aus and alot of people commenting on how difficult it is to find rental properties when you first arrive....i think i even remember various posts about queues of about 30-50 people waiting to place a stake on one rental.....Or have i imagined this.....Hope so, your view sounds much better....

Amanda
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:22 pm
burleigh chick

this is our 2nd attemp over here in 2007 we found a rental esy and this time round too.
you are right they do have open houses, the most people i've seen at one is 15, but as of yet..touch wood! we have had no worries.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

daddyoconnor will become famous soon enough

this is our 2nd attemp over here in 2007 we found a rental esy and this time round too.
you are right they do have open houses, the most people i've seen at one is 15, but as of yet..touch wood! we have had no worries.
Glad to hear that,

Sometimes when you read some of these Threads they do kind of worry you - whether it's about renting, buying houses, finding jobs etc....

Anyway thanks for putting my mind at rest, its not as bad as i was imagining....
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:44 pm
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Just a quickie about renting......

Will it be easy for us to rent without references? Our house in the UK will be rented out when we go to Oz. We dont have a mortgage on it so hence no references from the bank. We are both self-employed in the UK at present so cant get references from employer either.

In Oz we'll be on the student visa route so we cant get any references from a prospective Aussie employer just yet.

Any help/advice would be most welcome as to the potential difficulties if any we may face while renting in Oz.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:49 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perksy

Any help/advice would be most welcome as to the potential difficulties if any we may face while renting in Oz.
You will fill out a form for the agent describing things like what you do/icnome etc. As I recall they will also seek references and/or a character refernce in Australia.

The owner will look at each of these applications (if they receive more than one) and decide who they want as a tenant. Clealry, stronger applications will win. However, if you cannot submit a strong application, you will find that a) suggesting a longer term lease (12 or 18 months) or b) offering to pay say 3 months up front will likely add to the strength of your application.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:55 pm
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
You will fill out a form for the agent describing things like what you do/icnome etc. As I recall they will also seek references and/or a character refernce in Australia.

The owner will look at each of these applications (if they receive more than one) and decide who they want as a tenant. Clealry, stronger applications will win. However, if you cannot submit a strong application, you will find that a) suggesting a longer term lease (12 or 18 months) or b) offering to pay say 3 months up front will likely add to the strength of your application.
Cheers for that I'll bear that in mind. I guess it would be advisable to organise some character references from here in the UK to try and add some substance to our application. Any idea about the content of a character ref? Is it just the standard "Fred Bloggs is of sound character etc...."
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:05 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Hello all

When we arrived we were staying with friends, but I know most people stay in a holiday let to start off with find thier feet and that.

this is how we got our rental,
got a bank account (use holiday accommodation address if your able) applied for TFN we applied on line came with in 10 days. register with centerlink, and medicare. when you have a letter from center link and your medicare card. my dh had a job but was only working a couple of weeks.

so when you go for a rental, this should be enough, when you are accepted for a rental you pay two weeks up front and when you are given the keys you pay your bond.

if you go in and chat with the real estate agent they will tell you every thing you need to know, might be a good idea to bring references some one has already mentioned that.

you might find you have to view a few houses before you get one you want. but keep at it it is possible.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:13 pm
Cad and bounder

Originally Posted by Baby75
Hello all

When we arrived we were staying with friends, but I know most people stay in a holiday let to start off with find thier feet and that.

this is how we got our rental,
got a bank account (use holiday accommodation address if your able) applied for TFN we applied on line came with in 10 days. register with centerlink, and medicare. when you have a letter from center link and your medicare card. my dh had a job but was only working a couple of weeks.

so when you go for a rental, this should be enough, when you are accepted for a rental you pay two weeks up front and when you are given the keys you pay your bond.

if you go in and chat with the real estate agent they will tell you every thing you need to know, might be a good idea to bring references some one has already mentioned that.

you might find you have to view a few houses before you get one you want. but keep at it it is possible.

Cheers for that, it sounds sound advice
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice

Originally Posted by perksy

Just a quickie about renting......

Will it be easy for us to rent without references? Our house in the UK will be rented out when we go to Oz. We dont have a mortgage on it so hence no references from the bank. We are both self-employed in the UK at present so cant get references from employer either.

In Oz we'll be on the student visa route so we cant get any references from a prospective Aussie employer just yet.

Hi, I too was self employed in the uk and when we moved in November 2008 I used my self assessment tax form as part of my ID which they accepted. We are in Townsville, Queensland and all the agents we looked at we were to that both of us had produce ID equally to the 100 points ID that they require. I produced our UK bank statement, UK driving license, tax return, passport and a reference from a mate! Hope this helps

Dawn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.