Renting in oz

Old Mar 5th 2006, 12:35 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Renting in oz

Is there anything you realised you didn't take ie references,that rental agents asked for when you were trying to arrange a rental?

Or did you just turn up and apply for a home to rent and get it?
Old Mar 6th 2006, 12:21 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting in oz

We found the more you have, the better!!

We took copies of loads of stuff, and gave it to the Agents whenever we made an application. It gave the impression (hopefully correctly!) that we were organised and less likely to be a dodgy tenant.

The stuff we provided is as follows:

* Letter from mortgage co (or previous landlord) proving prompt rent payment
* A personal reference each
* Bank statement showing we had some savings
* Copies of bills (electric, gas, phone etc) proving prompt payment
* Reference forr the dog (yes, really!) from where we trained it saying it was well behaved.
* Letter of employment showing income level and proof of job

Can't think of any others, but did the job as we have been accepted at both our rental places with no problems.

Hope that helps

steve
Old Mar 6th 2006, 12:27 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

We basically found that money talked far louder than any references could. I think we offered a few months rent up front and they bit our hands off.

Originally Posted by killamarsh
Is there anything you realised you didn't take ie references,that rental agents asked for when you were trying to arrange a rental?

Old Mar 6th 2006, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

when I was looking all they wanted to see was that I either had a job or that I had money in the bank to cover the rent. They did not even ask me for references.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 12:29 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

we didnt need anything like that, just a letter from hubbys employer was enough....all agents are diff tho
Old Mar 6th 2006, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

keithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant future

hi
we just showed a copy of a bank statement,no problems.didnt even ask for anything else

Old Mar 6th 2006, 1:16 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
We basically found that money talked far louder than any references could. I think we offered a few months rent up front and they bit our hands off.
We also found by paying up front the landlords rule of no pets suddenly disappeared
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Centurion
We also found by paying up front the landlords rule of no pets suddenly disappeared
God I really hope so. This is my major worry, that we wont be able to get a decent rental with a big dog. We are happy to pay six months up front if we can gat what we want and dont end up sleeping on the beach :scared: