Renting houses

Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:53 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Renting houses

Hi, I was just wondering how long people have used 'Poms in Perth' homes (or similar migration houses) before renting long term properties or buying a house?

Also I was wondering whether it was normal for such homes to be so BIG! We are a family of 3 with a two year old. We don't really need a 4 bed 2 bath house, we would much rather have a small 2 bed which is a bit cheaper to start with to save the pennies! Are there any smaller houses available?

Any advice welcomed! Many thanks!
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

goldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nice
Default Re: Renting houses

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Are there any smaller houses available?

Any advice welcomed! Many thanks!
Of course they are! You may just be looking in newer suburbs. An older home will always be smaller and yes cheaper as the rent is calculated by the amount of bedrooms, double garage compared to single garage and so on.

My advice to everyone moving here - NEVER buy first. Rent first, learn the suburbs and then find the place and community that suites you best or you may be stuck in a area you hate which will not help with the home sickness!!!!

NEVER rent a new house. Sure it is tempting but at time of exiting, you have to bring the house back to the condition you moved in - that is new! Even with fair wear and tear, you will have to repaint and could be up for costs for stains on the carpet. Let someone else make the marks on the walls etc, then you will not lose your bond money!

I speak here not involved in real estate but as a renter. We moved into a new house when we first moved to the Gold Coast, then after 6 years living there, we were expected to have not one mark on the walls or carpets. The new owner of the house even wanted me to vacuum the garage - I refused!

Gayle
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 7:52 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting houses

Originally Posted by goldcoastrealestate
My advice to everyone moving here - NEVER buy first. Rent first, learn the suburbs and then find the place and community that suites you best or you may be stuck in a area you hate which will not help with the home sickness!!!!Gayle
That's something I keep emphasising too Gayle.

Very, very wise words no matter how much cash is burning a hole in the pocket.

Be sure an area offers what you want, need and like before buying.