Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renting a house in Perth from UK?

Renting a house in Perth from UK?

Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

TraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the rough
Default Renting a house in Perth from UK?

Hi,
Has anybody arranged a rental (short term) over the internet before they arrive in Perth? If so, how easy was it?
Any advice really appreciated,
Tracey
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:29 pm
kev
Just Joined

kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Renting a house in Perth from UK?

Hi Tracey

we are using www.pomsinperth.com prices seem reasonable,going in august for rekkie.

good luck
kev
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

TraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kev
Hi Tracey

we are using www.pomsinperth.com prices seem reasonable,going in august for rekkie.

good luck
kev
Thanks Kev,
Have already been in touch with them but they have nothing available. More interested in how anyone has rented going through an estate agents as this is how we'll have to do it.
Cheers
Tracey
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 12:50 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TraceyandPeter
Thanks Kev,
Have already been in touch with them but they have nothing available. More interested in how anyone has rented going through an estate agents as this is how we'll have to do it.
Cheers
Tracey
Seriously thinking of buying a property just for short term lets. After arriving here and getting sucked into a longer lease there is a market for short term furnished, if I get it sorted in time I can always let you know.

Jenny
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future

Hi,
Has anybody arranged a rental (short term) over the internet before they arrive in Perth? If so, how easy was it?
Tracey
I thought about it and spent ages on websites looking at rental before we arrived- but really you have to be here. Book into an apartment for the first couple of weeks, get the local paper and start phoning. I saw a fantastic house on the web pre arrival and then when I actualy visited it it was truly awful. Photos can be deceiving.

Its hard to get anything under 6 months for rental.

Good luck
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 2:01 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Tracey
Its not an easy task, we tried and in the end realised that commiting to something from the other side of the world could be a real big mistake.
My advice would be to book a couple of weeks in somewhere like the mounts bay apartments or one of the other serviced apartments in the city (you then get a fully furnished apartment with everything included, washing machines, kitchen, bedrooms, lounge etc.
I think a week was somewhere around $700 so you will be paying more than a actual rental place, but at least it leaves you stressfree on arrival, and allows you to trawl through the papers to decide where/what to rent.
From our experience a lot of what you thought was going to be good from the internet pics was a real let down, id say we looked at 25 properties in the $250 to $450 per week range and there were only 3 I would of lived in.
We ended up in a house in Cottesloe which was great (apart from the letting agent, who was probably the most useless person i've had the missfortune to come across in Perth... be warned )

Steve
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 6:21 am
letsgoperth.com.au

Hi,
Tracey

..you could try us www.letsgoperth.com

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 6:37 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Or us www.movetoperth.com

Browse the properties via the link below, there are a few more new ones which will be added in the next couple of weeks.

http://www.movetoperth.com/rental/rentalbrowse.html

Lots of winter specials on too!!

Lynn
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:05 am
owieb

Hi,
Tracey
We just booked into some cheap appartments when we arrived. About 15 mins from the CBD, close to the beach. Think they cost us about $170 a week, nothing fancy, very very basic, but we found a house to rent (long term) within a day and moved out of the appartments a couple of days later.

We knew pretty much where we wanted to rent so it was just a case of grabbing the local paper and viewing a few places.