Renting a house

Old Dec 10th 2004, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Melchels is on a distinguished road
Default Renting a house

Hi all

Just wondering if I can ask anyones experience, we will be relocating to Melbourne from UK around July 05.

We are looking to get a rental house asap on arrival, how difficult is it to organise from the UK? does anyone have any tips to sort out the paperwork as much as you can prior to arrival?
Old Dec 10th 2004, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Renting a house

Originally Posted by Melchels
Hi all

Just wondering if I can ask anyones experience, we will be relocating to Melbourne from UK around July 05.

We are looking to get a rental house asap on arrival, how difficult is it to organise from the UK? does anyone have any tips to sort out the paperwork as much as you can prior to arrival?
Try some of these...
www.professionals.com.au
www.ljhooker.com.au
www.raywhite.com.au
www.royweston.com.au
www.century21.com.au

hope they help a bit.

Ush
Old Dec 10th 2004, 6:25 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Melchels
Hi all

I am relocating to Melbourne on the 10th of Jan, and in a similar position to you, except I have left it rather late!
From what I gather from estate agents I have phoned, they are unwilling to rent out properties until they have been viewed.

This being so, I have booked an apartment with Quest in North West Williamstown (which is on the coast - so although west of CBD - is not north!) for a week, during which time I will look for a place to rent longterm.

I have a fair amount of info - some of it kindly sent to me by Anya from this site - some I have gathered myself.
If you want this info, and my e-mail address, then PM me, and I'll help all I can.
Cas
Old Dec 11th 2004, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Got to agree with carolinegorka stay in an appartment, motel or hotel for a week so you can have a look around. You don't want to rent something from the UK site unseen (it could be a dump) and you are commited for at least 6 months maybe 12 months. It could also be in the wrong part of town or a bad part of town. By allmeans research different areas and prices but don't commit untill you get here and see the property.
Also July is the middle of winter and so their will be plenty of furnnished holiday accom around but again just book for a week to begin with and then you can extend move somewhere else or rent somewhere long term. You won't believe how easy it is to rent houses or flats down here after comming from the Uk which dosn't have a rental market except council houses.