Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renting furniture in Perth (NOR)

Renting furniture in Perth (NOR)

Old Nov 21st 2010, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

elsie3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renting furniture in Perth (NOR)

Hi. We're moving into a rental property from a holiday let in a week. Unfortunately our furniture doesn't arrive until mid December at the earliest! Does anyone know of anywhere that hires out furniture for this sort of thing, or anywhere we can get very cheap stuff to tide us over? We're going to have to buy a fridge, but apart from that we have nothing but the suitcases we came with.
Thanks!
Old Nov 21st 2010, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting furniture in Perth (NOR)

Hi, it's a long time since we hired furniture, but there are a few places out there. This was also discussed on BE a couple of months ago, this is one of the threads:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...highlight=Ikea

A general search on hiring furniture in Perth:
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=fu...AYquvgO_h4HCCA

You could also buy some camping mattresses, chairs & camping table, or an outside table & chairs set (to use inside or out).
Old Nov 21st 2010, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

We bought an airbed and after a couple of weeks some outside furniture that we used indoors. We looked into renting furniture but the cost including delivery on a weekend was extortionate, about 2k. Alsi the references they wanted were absurd, employer reference, bank reference (even though I said I would pay up front) and references from three people who know me in Australia (quite hard for new migrant). I told them to get lost.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

We camped out in our house a few years ago when it was first built.

Had air beds, a bar fridge, and 2 camping chairs. Used the box the fridge came in as a table.

Felt very "poor white trash" but it was fine (and an adventure!) for 2 weeks.

(We then gave it to my cousin who lived in Golden Bay, but she's now moved to Auckland so we'll have to buy another lot when we come across next month.)