Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renting/Buying in Kalamunda, Gooseberry Hill

Renting/Buying in Kalamunda, Gooseberry Hill

Old May 17th 2007, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of
Question Renting/Buying in Kalamunda, Gooseberry Hill

Hi - can anyone help?

I was looking at SOR but not getting much for our money at the moment so starting to look elsewhere. How long is a commute from the hills to CBD at say 7am every morning and leaving CBD at 5pm every evening?

What sort of facilities are there: swim clubs, football, dance classes etc for the kids? Supermarket, shops? What do you find yourself going into the city to shop for?

Thanks

Galba
Old May 17th 2007, 5:51 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting/Buying in Kalamunda, Gooseberry Hill

Originally Posted by galba
Hi - can anyone help?

I was looking at SOR but not getting much for our money at the moment so starting to look elsewhere. How long is a commute from the hills to CBD at say 7am every morning and leaving CBD at 5pm every evening?

What sort of facilities are there: swim clubs, football, dance classes etc for the kids? Supermarket, shops? What do you find yourself going into the city to shop for?

Thanks

Galba
My commute from Kalamunda to the CBD is 25 mins if I leave at 6am, 30 mins if I leave at 7am or 35 mins at 7:30am. The other way is 35 mins at 4:30pm or 40-45 at 5-5:30pm. No need to go out of Kalamunda for groceries. There is a Woolworths, Coles and IGA. There are ANZ, CBA and NAB banks and I think a Westpac, a post office, Bunnings, Retravision plus all the usual chemists, video stores, Liquorland, drive through, hotel, pub, restaurants etc. For shopping malls, cinemas, Good Guys etc, Cannington and Midland are about a 20 min drive.
Old May 17th 2007, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Renting/Buying in Kalamunda, Gooseberry Hill

Hi Amazulu,

Is there a swimming pool nearby I can go swim a few laps to get my "Cottesloe" look back

thanks !