Reload this Page >

Rentals with Pets in Perth

Rentals with Pets in Perth

Old Mar 21st 2004, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough
Default Rentals with Pets in Perth

Hi all

We are having to re-think taking our family pooch to Oz. My MIL tried having her when we went to Perth in December but had an allergic reaction, my mum has a greyhound who is very protective over his bed & food etc & although they get on we feel nervous about leaving them on their own (mum works 2 days a week).

So we have started looking at the options - getting quotes from Airpets, Golden arrow & Pinehawk. Any other suggestions would be good.

The other concern is finding a rental that accepts pets - one that is not "Grotsville". we were hoping to get a house with a pool but what are the chances of getting one that accepts pets also - We are thinking of renting for 6 mths - but want to give ourselves a decent chance of settling in.

Any ideas?

cheers

pockygoes
Old Mar 21st 2004, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Oh - by the way we are hoping to rent south of Perth - maybe Secret Harbour way.

cheers

pockygoes
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Rentals with pools are few and far between. Investors are more open to allowing pets at the minute due to the market being saturated with rental properties.

Good luck
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 2:46 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rentals with Pets in Perth

Originally posted by pockygoes
The other concern is finding a rental that accepts pets - one that is not "Grotsville". we were hoping to get a house with a pool but what are the chances of getting one that accepts pets also - We are thinking of renting for 6 mths - but want to give ourselves a decent chance of settling in.

Any ideas?

cheers

pockygoes

We found a lovely house in Perth definitely wasn't Grotsville, lol.

We had two cats and a dog! We didn't have any trouble finding somewhere, the best thing to do is to tell the agents that the dog is used to living outside and it won't be indoors. Thats what we did.

Our dog did live indoors but on rent inspection days we took her out with us. You will have to put a bond of about $100 down for the pets and agree to have the carpets cleaned and fumigated when you leave. There are many people that rent with pets so it's not a problem.

We also had a pool at the house.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

we had no problem getting a rental with our dog, it was just a case of paying a pet bond of $100 and our house was brand new and unlived in, finding a property with a pool was very hard, each one we viewed had at least 6 other people viewing it, all would then put in an application and then the landlord would make his decision on who he liked the sound of best, this usually takes at least a couple of days so if you only have a couple of weeks to find a house it can be a bit of a nightmare.

In the end we decidedto go for one without a pool as fewer people would be putting in an application and got the nfirst one we tried for.

mind you with todays temps i could do with a pool to dip my feet in whike i feed the baby.

Lynn