Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

rentals in North Brisbane

rentals in North Brisbane

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

stickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant future
Default rentals in North Brisbane

Hi all

arriving 15 October, have been looking at Bracken Ridge and Bald Hills area, but starting to worry about getting a rental when we arrive. Is the demand very high? want to get settled with kids as soon as possible and start job. We have been looking at realestate.com, but this is starting to keep me awake at night.

cheers
Jo
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all
Default Re: rentals in North Brisbane

Hi jo we have short term furnished accom south side , if its short term furnished accommodation that you are looking for try holiday lets on realestate if you have no joy let me know & i will see what we can do, also try classifieds on tool bar commercial section
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

Hi Jo,
demand for rentals Northside has slowed recently due to less people making the move for a number of financial reasons. 2-3 weeks in short term accommodation will give you a comfortable period to secure a 6 month rental. Dont worry things will slot into place nicely once you arrive.

All the best Dale & Francine
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:33 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

Hi!
We came last year and ended a house in Bracken Ridge.There is still alot of properties out there-you just have to be prepared to look at alot in a short space of time and take everything you need to the inspections so you can apply there and then.
We have eventually settled in Margate and have a great rental-its much easier to look around once you have settled in and know the area.At the mo there seems to be alot in North Lakes which has simliar style houses to Bracken Ridge but has a brand new shopping centre,school etc.Its a bit more expensive though.
Good luck x
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:30 pm
Mauled by the Tigers

Willerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura aboutWillerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura aboutWillerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura about

We have rented for 6 months in North Lakes, which contrary to what some people say is quite good (you seem to get a few people on here who want to put down northside, back to the old english mentality i guess) anyway back to my thoughts.
We didnt seem to have any trouble getting the rental we wanted, looked round a few and just signed up to the selected one. There seemed to be a feeling that it was hard to get a rental, but we didnt really see that, but others may tell you different in their experiences. The hardest part was trying to get the rental agencies to show you round (we have been here before on rental agents).
Personally i love the location of being Northside as it is close to beaches mountains etc. Bit further from Gold coast but i dont mind that as i do personally prefer the beaches on North side. But again thats my view others will like busier places.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 10:19 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

We arrived on the 3rd August and we looked at houses on the 4th, 5th and 6th (not loads maybe 12 in total) there was only one with other people looking at the same property and it was a hovel so I walked straight back out of the door.

We put in only one application on the house we are living in and we were accepted 2 hrs later. It wasnt available for a couple of weeks but we were in temp accommodation anyway so not a major problem.

We didnt look at the two areas you mentioned but we are Northern suburbs.

Jo
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 10:40 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I know you read the head lines about loads of people going after rentals, but allot of those people can't afford the rentals they are going after (due to increased price) or don't have good references.

If you look like a good tenant (can pay the rent and have some sort of reference) you will be fine.

Originally Posted by stickygreen
Hi all
arriving 15 October, have been looking at Bracken Ridge and Bald Hills area, but starting to worry about getting a rental when we arrive. Is the demand very high? want to get settled with kids as soon as possible and start job. We have been looking at realestate.com, but this is starting to keep me awake at night.
cheers
Jo
Old Sep 24th 2008, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by stickygreen
Hi all

cheers
Jo
One of my mates has a brand new 4 bedroom property in North Lakes he is looking to rent out, in a great location.

If you need any more info just let me know