Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rentals in Melbourne

Rentals in Melbourne

Old Sep 30th 2012, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rentals in Melbourne

Hi there, my son & his girl are moving to Melbourne for a while. Could someone please tell me which areas are best avoided for a rental? He has no where in mind to base himself.... basically is just going to land! But me.... as mother... would like some ideas
Old Sep 30th 2012, 11:00 pm
CHC-MEL commute since 91

derab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rentals in Melbourne

Boopy, I think you will have to be a bit more specific with their requirements.
My personal taste for a young couple would be to look at the inner suburbs as a better option than the outer suburbs and unless work takes them to the west, to be more wary of the suburbs from Footscray out through Sunshine to Deer park.
I would happily recommend any Inner suburb from St Kilda round through Richmond to North Melbourne for a couple in their 20's. Each suburb has its own feel and appeal.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for that, I will look at those areas & let them know. They are both in their 20's Neither has work to start, they will look once there
Old Oct 1st 2012, 4:29 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by derab
Boopy, I think you will have to be a bit more specific with their requirements.
My personal taste for a young couple would be to look at the inner suburbs as a better option than the outer suburbs and unless work takes them to the west, to be more wary of the suburbs from Footscray out through Sunshine to Deer park.
I would happily recommend any Inner suburb from St Kilda round through Richmond to North Melbourne for a couple in their 20's. Each suburb has its own feel and appeal.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Sarah7263 is on a distinguished road

Hi Boopy,

Totally agree with the areas suggested above. We are in our mid twenties and love living in St. Kilda. I don't think we will move but if we did then I would look at Richmond, South Yarra, Prahran or maybe north of the city - Carlton or Fitzroy!

Hope it helps!