Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

rentals Gold coast

rentals Gold coast

Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

shark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant future
Default rentals Gold coast

advice needed
we have booked a hol rental for 2 weeks for when we arrive.
problem is we arrive on the 4th december!
the wifes + (2 kids) now concerned about securing a perm rental before christmas, and what would happen if we don,t.
i,m not sure how crazy life will be in oz that time of year ?? so to take the pressure off xmas would it be wiser to extend our holiday rental till new year??
then worry about the perm rental.
how long does it take to find & secure a perm rental??
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:17 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: rentals Gold coast

Originally Posted by shark bait
advice needed
the wifes + (2 kids) now concerned about securing a perm rental before christmas, and what would happen if we don,t.
i,m not sure how crazy life will be in oz that time of year ?? so to take the pressure off xmas would it be wiser to extend our holiday rental till new year??

hi weve been here 6 weeks and we moved into our rental last week

i would extend if i were you ours let us extend once we got here but you are coming at a busy time so i would email them now and explain your situation

good luck if you need any help just ask

where abouts are you coming to

jan xx

oh yeah fantastic result in footy hey!!!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

advice needed

Hi

You may find your holiday rental prices climb quite a bit if you stay over Christmas & New Year, however what we do, and a few others do as well, is to give a big discount if you book for a longer period. I would check what your accommodation are going to charge you ....

cheers

Mark
Old Apr 9th 2008, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold

Offer 6 months rent in advance and you'll have a rental within a day.

If you can't afford this and you're coming without a job lined up I would definitely extend the rental, as most real estate agents won't rent out a place to someone unemployed. There's alot of demand for rentals here and those with decent jobs will get first preference.

Holiday accom will double and even tripple from mid Dec to the end of Jan. The GC gets very busy with interstate tourists holidaying here.

Also be mindful, finding a job in December before xmas and even January will be very difficult. Many businesses (other than hospitality) close down or run on skeleton staff over this period. Hardly anyone will be employing until Feb.

It will also be quite humid for someone leaving a UK winter. I hope your place has air con.

Personally I think Dec is the worst month of the year to arrive - unless of course you have plenty of $$$ where you can sit back and relax for a couple of months.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

shark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant future

hi
arriven in december because i,m starting a college course at the end of jan, so it gives us time to settle.
i,ve extended my hol rental till early jan, but your right the price has shot up!
Are there any ways of getting a permenant retal before i arrive????
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

hi
arriven in december because i,m starting a college course at the end of jan, so it gives us time to settle.
i,ve extended my hol rental till early jan, but your right the price has shot up!
Are there any ways of getting a permenant retal before i arrive????
I don't think anybody has managed that to my knowledge. We arrived Dec 9th and had a rental on a three month lease within 4 days, so it can be done. That was five years ago though, what are your rental charging?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

about $3800 for 4 weeks
its the 2 weeks christmas/new year which bump it up
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

about $3800 for 4 weeks
its the 2 weeks christmas/new year which bump it up
We organised longterm accomodation before we arrived, just went onto www.seqrents.com.au and did it all by email. We offered 6months up front but weren't taken up on the offer! Can't believe you told Doub how much you're paying.... he'll be doubling his prices now!!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:15 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

We did the same and got something quite quickly. Just email anyone on seqrents and ask if they have got property coming up, very often stuff goes before it's even advertised on the website. Most of the property they advertised on the Gold Coast is apartments or gated communities and there's always a good turnover of residents.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sambo76
Can't believe you told Doub how much you're paying.... he'll be doubling his prices now!!!

looking at that, I think maybe we should! ....... not for expats though, obviously

how's things going Sam? settled in to the Gold Coast ok?
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by doub
looking at that, I think maybe we should! ....... not for expats though, obviously

how's things going Sam? settled in to the Gold Coast ok?
Course not for this mob!!! Lovin the GC Mark, thanks...it's been nearly a year already! Have become so laid back it's untrue, never, ever gonna be a city boy ever again!!! Just popping over the road for a stroll down the beach now