Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rental Situation in Perth

Rental Situation in Perth

Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of
Default Rental Situation in Perth

Hi Everyone,

I had planned on moving out to Perth for good in January 09, however, I am getting what feels like home sick and want to go now. I am worried that people are saying for every rental there is like 30 - 40 people going for the same property, is this really the case, I obviously dont want to get out there and not be able to find some where long term to live in a resonable amount of time.

I was looking at the Clarkson / Mindarie area, there seems to be plenty places online for rent, a few of them have been up for a few weeks now with no takers which make me wonder?

Thanks for any help guys.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:36 am
I'd rather be climbing

mkargo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rental Situation in Perth

I'm curious about this, too. I'm heading there for three years, employer has sorted out two weeks temporary accommodation when I arrive during which I've got to find something more permanent!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rental Situation in Perth

Originally Posted by mkargo
I'm curious about this, too. I'm heading there for three years, employer has sorted out two weeks temporary accommodation when I arrive during which I've got to find something more permanent!
We are trying to arrange temp accomodation for 4 weeks, I want to make sure we have enough time to find a place long term.

The rates seem reasonable to me, some where between $350 and $400 a week, and the bills I have had to pay while stopping in rented accomodation out there have also been more than resonable.