Wikiposts

Rental raise!

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:54 pm
Banned

NewOZ will become famous soon enoughNewOZ will become famous soon enough
Default Rental raise!

Hi
Is there limit for rental raise in victoria?
does the landlord have the right to raise rental any percentage he wants?!!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:01 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental raise!

Originally Posted by NewOZ
Hi
Is there limit for rental raise in victoria?
does the landlord have the right to raise rental any percentage he wants?!!
erm.. its not an easy one this

http://www.liv.asn.au/public/legalin...-Resident.html

I would hazzard a guess, that given appropriate notice of a rental increase, you have the opportunity, to not extend your rental period.

I would have thought, as in QLD, well most parts, rental runs at approx 5% of value..

So a hike in your rental could be construed as profiteering, or indeed, constructive eviction.. should you disagree with the levy
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:04 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

read this...

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/CA256902000FE154/Lookup/CAV_Publications_Renting/$file/RentingComplete.pdf

I would also think, that a rental agreement is set out in law, as a legal contract and is administered and policed by a rental/tenancy board etc.. so that should you have cause for complaint, direct it appropriately
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

I would of thought that as long the correct notice period is given as per tenancy agreement then it upto you weather you pay the rent or move