Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rental needed within 45km's of Adelaide for 3 months

Rental needed within 45km's of Adelaide for 3 months

Old May 26th 2007, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

gray has a brilliant futuregray has a brilliant futuregray has a brilliant futuregray has a brilliant futuregray has a brilliant futuregray has a brilliant futuregray has a brilliant future
Post Rental needed within 45km's of Adelaide for 3 months

Rental needed within 45km's of Adelaide for 3 months.
Hi all,
I had applied for the On Arrival Accommodation offered by the SA government and with four weeks left before I was due to arrive in Adelaide was informed that there was no accommodation currently available to me. Since then I have contacted numerous estate agents trying to secure a three month lease on a property within 45km's of Adelaide, with no success. I have looked at the possibility of acquiring a holiday rental, however they seem very expensive. I am moving to Southern Australia alone on June 13th and am on a very tight budget. Has anyone got any suggestions ? other than camping in a tent
Thanks, Gray
Old May 26th 2007, 7:39 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental needed within 45km's of Adelaide for 3 months

You might get more response on this forum
http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits
................mm
Old May 26th 2007, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

gray has a brilliant futuregray has a brilliant futuregray has a brilliant futuregray has a brilliant futuregray has a brilliant futuregray has a brilliant futuregray has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Rental needed within 45km's of Adelaide for 3 months

Cheer's Mr Mover, I have posted the same question on that site as well.
Gray.
Old May 27th 2007, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Post Re: Rental needed within 45km's of Adelaide for 3 months

Anyone got any suggestions ?
Old May 27th 2007, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

It's the three month lease bit really. There isn't many short term lets about, and the ones that are available are going to be expensive.

Best thing I can suggest is to look into getting a motel or something for a week and then looking in the Saturday paper for rooms to rent.
Old May 27th 2007, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Rental needed within 45km's of Adelaide for 3 months

Thank's for the advice Wendy. That may be a decent option. I would prefer my own place rather than just a room though. I take it these papers have rentals in also. Do you know which papers are best for property rentals around Adelaide ?
Old May 27th 2007, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gray
Thank's for the advice Wendy. That may be a decent option. I would prefer my own place rather than just a room though. I take it these papers have rentals in also. Do you know which papers are best for property rentals around Adelaide ?

The Advertiser is the SA paper, real estate is in mainly on Saturdays and Wednesdays. There is a pull out for properties to buy, or the rentals are in the main paper.

Also if you visit a few agents in the area you want to be they may have something in, I'd try to stick to the smaller agencies though as they seem to do everything a bit quicker.

Try to bring a personal reference with you, just saying you are honest, reliable etc as it will help and also get a copy of your bank balance as that will also help if you haven't got employment.

Here's a website with hotels etc in http://sacentral.sa.gov.au/site/page...path=4873,4900 hopefully you'll find something in there.
Old May 27th 2007, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Rental needed within 45km's of Adelaide for 3 months

Thank's for the info Wendy