Rental Info

Old Oct 16th 2004, 10:04 pm
Sydney bound!

JF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the rough
Question Rental Info

Just wondering if any of you out there can help us.......

When (if) we eventually get our visa we initially want to rent a flat in Sydney.

I'm not sure what information the agent will need ie references etc. We're planning to have a bit of a break before looking for work, so not sure what the agents in oz need before a lease is given.

Is there anything we can bring from the Uk that they will accept?

Old Oct 16th 2004, 10:27 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Rental Info

Originally Posted by JF²

When (if) we eventually get our visa we initially want to rent a flat in Sydney.

I'm not sure what information the agent will need ie references etc. We're planning to have a bit of a break before looking for work, so not sure what the agents in oz need before a lease is given.

Most agents are used to folks arriving from overseas... You will generally need some photo id, a couple of check able references by e-mail, maybe a previous boss (es) or something, a previous mortgage or rent statement (to prove you pay your way) and proof you have the funds to pay be it a job or proof of savings.

There are 100's of properties to let so if one agent was not so sure there would be 99 that would snap you up. Look at www.realestate.com.au for properties....

Generally you will also need a bond of 4 weeks rent plus two-4 weeks rent up front

If you need any help with areas etc then PM me

Thanks

Jonboy
Old Oct 16th 2004, 10:35 pm
Sydney bound!

JF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the rough

cheers jonboy

Thats great info - I didn't want to bring any unneccessary paperwork with us, using up valueable weight allowance - wanted to keep as much room for all my shoes!!!! Much to hubbies delight !
Old Oct 16th 2004, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

barry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nice

Originally Posted by JF²

Hi You should have no problem renting at all. We are on Central Coast and the 1st agent we rented from was given a few pay slips from work, copy of passport and I even gave a print our from bank telling machine showing proof of some funds. No problem at all. Went on to rent a second house and then only showed the previous tenent agreement from the 1st rental. Now have purhased and move in next month !

Good Luck
Old Oct 16th 2004, 10:57 pm
Sydney bound!

Thanks Barry and Carol

Good to know that it doesn't seem that difficult to rent somewhere without any history in Oz.

Good luck with the move next month!
Old Oct 16th 2004, 10:58 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

It should'nt be a problem once you have a job, they like to ring up your employer to confirm you are working.

I did'nt bring any references with me but were happy with my application once they confirmed I was working.

You you gave them the rent for 6 months then they probably would'nt even care if you were working or not.

The rental rate for a 2 bedroom apartment starts from $250+ in Sydney depending on the suburb.

If you are looking for washing machines, etc. you can rent them at http://www.rentacentre.com.au/
Old Oct 17th 2004, 8:46 am
Sydney bound!

Hi Rapitts

Thanks for the info and website - I've heard that there is a big rental warehouse in sydney (not sure where) that you can hire everything from.

Is this the same company as the website link you gave us?