Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

rental hunter required in Brisbane!!?

rental hunter required in Brisbane!!?

Old Jan 20th 2007, 1:16 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light
Lightbulb rental hunter required in Brisbane!!?

Hi there all, as you may know we are moving over soon to the south side of brisbane as my job is in springwood. We are looking for a 6 month rental with the problem being we need one that will allow an indoor cat! We fly out of the uk on 9th of march and would like to find somewhere before we arrive. When we have emailed agents only a couple have replied, so thats not really worked. As someone said on my last rental post "they would love to find out some rentals and have a good nosey around for us" but they live in NSW, It made me think is there anyone in Brisbane that would like to be our renatls hunter!? Basically, have a word with the agents face to face in the areas that we would consider staying, ask about cats etc and if any come up go and have a look and send us some snaps!? For a reward for doing this we would take them out for a slap-up dinner one night for a big thankyou and maybe a little pressie! Anyway if anyone is up for the challange and likes a good nosey around properties and fancys getting to know us when we arrive and going out for a FREE dinner just reply or give me a PM and I will let you know the areas in the south of brisbane that we are looking at. Thanks all, Pete
Old Jan 20th 2007, 1:42 pm
him
token local

him has a spectacular aura abouthim has a spectacular aura abouthim has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: rental hunter required in Brisbane!!?

I can understand your desire to "move straight in" however, having just helped my mother and another relative find and move into properties on the northside of Brisbane, I will say that it may be difficult.
The main problem you will find is that rentals are in short supply at the moment.
Your best option (although it is not the desired one) may be to book the kitty into a cattery and get some temp accomodation...hotel/motel etc..
try wotif.com.au
When helping my mother find a new flat, we used a few online rental search engines to look and most had pics and details.. ie pets etc..
I will see if i can dig the web addys out for you.
Not too sure if an agent here will rent to people by fax/email either...

Good Luck.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 5:00 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

We were thinking about having a hotel for a couple of weeks, the thing we are worried about is that if we send him over and then we just cant find a cat friendly rental anywhere!He cant stay in a cattery forever. Hope you can find them address for us, I will try them if you post them on here. Pete
Old Jan 21st 2007, 10:05 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete jackson
We were thinking about having a hotel for a couple of weeks, the thing we are worried about is that if we send him over and then we just cant find a cat friendly rental anywhere!He cant stay in a cattery forever. Hope you can find them address for us, I will try them if you post them on here. Pete
If you ship the cat as late as possible that way it should give you a about 3-4 weeks to find a rental. We have a dog and the estate agents/owner were fine about that. We paid three months up front which may have helped. There are properties that will allow you to keep pets. It very much depended upon the property.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:03 pm
brown eyes!

Thanks, think we are leaving him here for a week with family and then like you said it gives us about 1 month to find somewhere. Pete
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Hey Pete,

is Broadbeach to far to commute for you to Springwood? I may have a solution for you ....
Old Jan 21st 2007, 4:25 pm
brown eyes!

not sure, havent heard of broadbeach, tell me more!! Will have a look to see a can find out where it is. Pete
Old Jan 21st 2007, 4:33 pm
brown eyes!

Found it, its on the gold coast, location is good for us but looks like it will be expensive? Anyway tel me more and we will see!Pete
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:06 pm
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

If you're still looking for help, let me know
Old Jan 21st 2007, 10:33 pm
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

Do an internet search on Platinum Relocations, they (for a small fee,) will find a place for you and sort the paperwork (i am in the same boat.)
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete jackson
not sure, havent heard of broadbeach, tell me more!! Will have a look to see a can find out where it is. Pete
have pmd you, we have pets in Brisbane
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:47 am
brown eyes!

Thanks for the PM Liver bird and Ive sent yo u a PM Ridds.