Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rental house information

Rental house information

Old Aug 8th 2004, 2:23 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Lightbulb Rental house information

Hi

We are half way through the process I wanna get things little bit prepared. We will be moving with our pets ( dog and two cats)

How difficult is to find a rental house which allows pets stay in brisbane area(Little outside brisbane)

If any has some information. Is it possible to let us know the links or other information along with your experiences.

Thanks guys
Old Aug 8th 2004, 2:37 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental house information

Originally Posted by badri
Hi

We are half way through the process I wanna get things little bit prepared. We will be moving with our pets ( dog and two cats)

How difficult is to find a rental house which allows pets stay in brisbane area(Little outside brisbane)

If any has some information. Is it possible to let us know the links or other information along with your experiences.

Thanks guys
Badri, try the real estate sites like www.realestate.com.au and www.property.com.au and search under rentals. If nothing else, you will be able to get a list of rental agents contact details
Old Aug 8th 2004, 11:09 pm
ABCDiamond

Hi

Thanks guys
Most rental agreements do automatically state "No Pets", however, if you ask the Property Manager, you will find that most Landlords will accept one cat or one dog. One Dog & 2 Cats ? maybe some will say no to that.

When we rented out one of our properties, we originally said no pets, but when asked, we did allow a couple of cats.

But be aware that it will be your responsibility to ensure the house is thoroughly cleaned at the end of the lease, to remove all trace of Pets inhabitation

What part of "outside Brisbane" are you heading for ?

Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:03 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Hi

Thanks guys
A lot of rentals do not allow pets, but a lot do. All that it means you have less choice of properties than someone without pets.

I have two cats.. I'd say at a guess, going by my personal past experience of renting properties with my pets.. around 50% to maybe 60% allows no pets.

It always pays to ask the estate agent to ask the landlord when you see a property you like. Most of the homes that I have rented were advertised without mentioning pets, one said "no pets" in the advert.. but I asked anyway, and the answer was yes it's ok ( the landlord put "no pets" into his advert as he didn't want someone renting it with two big dogs.. but was quite happy with cats, or small "lap" dogs) . Others say pets "a maybe". It all depends. If you have dogs you will find that you need to rent a fully fenced property. Some properties will only allow "outside pets" .. i.e. dogs which must stay outside the house.

Units are usually strictly No pets... some law in these places.

Wouldn't worry about it too much.. it just means you have less choice of properties that's all. Plenty of homes do allow pets if you look and always ask the real estate agent to ask the landlord if it's ok.. even if it says in the advert "no pets".
Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:10 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ceri
If you have dogs you will find that you need to rent a fully fenced property. Some properties will only allow "outside pets" .. i.e. dogs which must stay outside the house.

Many rental ads will state "fully fenced" or otherwise. I always took this as meaning "so you could have pets here".

I remeber asking one agent if a property was fully fenced, "why, do you have pets?" she asked. "No, small children", I replied