Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

rental in goldcoast??

rental in goldcoast??

Old Oct 6th 2007, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice
Default rental in goldcoast??

hi we arrive in the goldcoast on the 26th of October and our 2 cats join us on 1st nov. We have been looking at 3 bed rentals in the robina/burleigh area and need a house due to the cats. Problem is we don't want to rent for 6 mnths by just choosing over the internet as you never get a realistic view of what the property is like.

We ideally just wanted to have a rental set up when we got there for a mnth or 3 at max, so that we can search for a better property when we get there or look to buy.

Problem is, if you take a holiday rental they are so expensive weekly and would they even take cats? What have the rest of you done? If we get a holiday rental for a wk would this give us enough time to find another rental when we get there and move in?

Has anyone ever found a 3mnth rental, does anyone kno of one available? any advice would be gratefully received
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

thebaggos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: rental in goldcoast??

I have been told, not sure if its true but the minimum rental would be 6 months?? Correct me if i am wrong. Have heard some are a minimum of 1 year??
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:49 pm
skye

Rentals are for a 6 month lease, 4 week bond and 2 weeks rent up front. They are very hard to find on the gold coast - especially pet friendly ones.

Good luck if you are trying on the net to secure one, most agencies need references, credit checks etc etc

I would advise a holiday let for 2-3 weeks to give you time to sort one out when you get here.

Old Oct 7th 2007, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by skye
Rentals are for a 6 month lease, 4 week bond and 2 weeks rent up front. They are very hard to find on the gold coast - especially pet friendly ones.

Good luck if you are trying on the net to secure one, most agencies need references, credit checks etc etc

I would advise a holiday let for 2-3 weeks to give you time to sort one out when you get here.
My advise - be cheeky, they will always tell you that it's a minimum of 6 months, but some landlords just want the place occupied, a bird in the hand and all that ..... we haggled down to 3 months when we first arrived .. give it a shot you have nothing to lose!