Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rental Companies

Rental Companies

Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:28 am

Howard Jenings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rental Companies

We are emigrating 2 weeks today and have been having massive problems with rental companies in Geraldton, they advertise their properties (poorly I have to say with few pictures) then when you contact them about the properties they never get back to you. A friend of ours went to see a property for us took lots of pictures we told agent on Tuesday that we wanted to rent it she said she would e-mail or fax us the information but we have heard nothing despite contacting her. It seems as if they aren't bothered about whether they rent out places or not. It is driving us mad.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental Companies

Originally Posted by Howard Jenings
We are emigrating 2 weeks today and have been having massive problems with rental companies in Geraldton, they advertise their properties (poorly I have to say with few pictures) then when you contact them about the properties they never get back to you. A friend of ours went to see a property for us took lots of pictures we told agent on Tuesday that we wanted to rent it she said she would e-mail or fax us the information but we have heard nothing despite contacting her. It seems as if they aren't bothered about whether they rent out places or not. It is driving us mad.
If you're not in the country its nigh on impossible to secure a rental unfortuantely.

What the majority do (including us) is to rent a holiday home/stay with friends for a month or so and once you're there drive round all the rentals and try and secure one.

We're renting out our UK property and I know for sure that I wouldn't let it to someone who wasn't in the country.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Gina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did secure our rental from the uk before coming over. I have to say that we are here now and currently going through the process again, and its no different when your here. The rental agents dont seem to have much urgency when it comes to renting out the property, although saying that there is a high demand for rentals so they obviously dont have to do as much work.... My only advice would be to keep the pressure up, ring the estate agents email do all you can to get things sorted, whilst being super nice to the agents so they want to help you.
I would ring the agent first thing in the morning and ask them to send the docs through. Tell them you are waiting for them, and if they dont drop into your inbox within a few minutes ring back! Its hard work securing a rental when inside Australia and even harder to do it from outside Australia. But dont dispair, because I managed to do it, and we had a lovely home in a lovley suburb to arrive to... really helped us settle in from the start, so it was worth the hard work and polite pestering!

Gina
Old Jan 9th 2009, 10:47 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
If you're not in the country its nigh on impossible to secure a rental unfortuantely.
A woman at work is moving from the Gold Coast to Brisbane and has similar cold shoulder treatment. It's bizarre!!