Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rental in Brisbane

Rental in Brisbane

Old Feb 3rd 2007, 9:35 am
I'm driving me nuts

The Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud of
Default Rental in Brisbane

Can anyone please offer advice in renting in the Brisbane area. There are 3 in our tribe, with a young boy of 7 in desperate need of great schooling. We have looked at some rental places,but we do not know the suburbs well enough to decide on whereabouts to settle. We do not need to be close to nightlife, but value a safe place to live
We are looking at Redcliff, but please pass on any other suggestions.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental in Brisbane

Originally Posted by The Genie
Can anyone please offer advice in renting in the Brisbane area. There are 3 in our tribe, with a young boy of 7 in desperate need of great schooling. We have looked at some rental places,but we do not know the suburbs well enough to decide on whereabouts to settle. We do not need to be close to nightlife, but value a safe place to live
Hi Genie
Renting is a bit cut throat in Brisbane at the moment, not enough rental property for the growing population. My friend was at the end of her lease and the real estate hosted an open house, 40 people turned up (granted that was probably 20 couples, but you get the picture). Although saying that, she was in a unit (flat) close to the city.

I went to primary school at Kippa Ring State School (in Redcliffe) and liked it enough, but don't really know enough about kids to comment any further Redcliffe's a good choice IMO
J
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 11:07 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

North lakes! -Its about 10 minutes away (south) of redcliffe!
Old Feb 4th 2007, 7:58 am
I'm driving me nuts

The Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud of

Thanks for the responses. We were going to Redcliff, but spent the day looking at Redlands Bay instead. We were very happy with the area. We also had a look at Cleveland which was also ok. We may actually get to look at Redcliff and North Lakes tomorrow.

TG
Old Feb 4th 2007, 10:23 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the responses. We were going to Redcliff, but spent the day looking at Redlands Bay instead. We were very happy with the area. We also had a look at Cleveland which was also ok. We may actually get to look at Redcliff and North Lakes tomorrow.

TG
So your turning down my very generous offer of a room in my kombi!
Old Feb 5th 2007, 12:07 am
I'm driving me nuts

Originally Posted by Perthforme
So your turning down my very generous offer of a room in my kombi!
As well you know pfm, I do not require the kombi as I have a perfectly good Hiace!

TG